Fleet washing when trucks parked too closely?

Chris

Man o live is it difficult to do a good wash job when the trucks are parked too closely! What are the best ways to go about washing them like this? I usually use a long wand, but when they are parked too close I have to use a short one and a ladder. This takes too much time. What do some of you do in this situation?

Thanks,
Chris

------------------

Bridget

We do a couple things...

In our initial proposal we state in writing and verbally that in order for them to receive the quality wash they are paying for, it helps by having all units spaced at least 6 feet apart, pulled away from the dock, fence, wall etc...

If that doesn't work. Then we fax them a nice reminder after we experienced a tight wash. On some of our bigger washes, we send a fax to them the day of or day before the scheduled wash reminding them that we are going to be on-site to do the washing.

This allows for a paper trail if ever they call you on your quality. All in all when we call the man/woman in charge they understand completely and will do almost anything to make sure they get a good wash for the money they are paying.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Bridget
United Mobile Power Wash
Our Power Is In Our
Performance
WWW.WeWashTrucks.com

Dan S

that's a good idea Bridget>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

when i go to work and they are to close .....i dont do 'em when they go for a period of time and they still dont move 'em and they look like do-do .....then they move 'em.........some times ya need to let 'em go if they dont move 'em when you do what Bridget does..... i dont fax 'em and let 'em know however after i read Bridget's post i may try it........

i stop up the day before the wash and remind 'em>>>>>>>
but fax is the way to go......

------------------
YES I BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">
I'm like most I need room but if setting close you can sorta stand sideways and wash from front to back with a up and down sweeping plus I always washed the other side of the other trailer coming back the same way.Some of the fleets will have to park close b/c of space.You can use your long wand for this it just takes some getting used to as in sorta standing sideways and useing a sweeping up and down instand of back and fourth.</FONT c></FONT f>
</FONT s>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Larry L.

<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">
I'm like most I need room but if setting close you can sorta stand sideways and wash from front to back with a up and down sweeping plus I always washed the other side of the other trailer coming back the same way.Some of the fleets will have to park close b/c of space.You can use your long wand for this it just takes some getting used to as in sorta standing sideways and useing a sweeping up and down instand of back and fourth.</FONT c></FONT f>
</FONT s>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Dan S

DO YOU THINK YOUR POST WAS THAT GOOD THERE BIG-BOY YOU HAD TO SAY IT TWICE ????????? HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
YES I BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Yep, I knew there were other ways of going about this! Thank you all for your responses, I think that letting the person in charge that we need more room by faxing them the day of is a good ide-er.

------------------

Larry L.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">

Hey Dan
tongue.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tongue.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tongue.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kisses.gif

Hey its in the 80's here,,sweat,sand,sweat,sand,sweat,sweat,sand,But hey its looking good for a 20,000 boat. </FONT c></FONT f>

------------------

tzahlman

Chris

Man I know what your going through and it realy sucks. If all else fails going in sidways can get the job done but I think the suggestion of faxing them should be tried first. I should of done that in the begining but I think its too late. My main concern now is getting them to pay on time. Good luck!!

Tom
beer.gif

------------------

Craig Knight

Awww....just tell 'em the streaks you left are no extra cost. You know, like pin striping!!!!

Craig

------------------
Craig Knight
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Our Sponsors