construction vehicles

Bigreds

Was wondering if anyone could help? I was asked to clean some construction equipment, a crane, a dump truck, a flat bed, a utility truck, 22ft box truck, two backhoes, and two bobcats. All are not too dirty, they are mainly wanting the haudralic fluid cleaned from them.
I have tried my all purpose cleaners on trucks before and know how long it could end up taking if I tried them here, since this is not my normal work. Was wondering if anyone uses any zep products on equipment like this, and what you think of them? I am still waiting on getting my burner fixed and also like to know if cold water will be efficient (I plan on having the burner fixed)?
Last, I would like to ask what would be fair pricing? I was kinda waiting till I checked out the prices on the chemicals from zep, before I even came up with something myself. I owe this guy a favor, but don't want to get burned and do it for nothing. I attached some pics of the equipment from across the street (The box truck used to be mine). Thanks in advance........Andy

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bigreds (edited April 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bigreds (edited April 16, 2001).]

Scott Stone

Get the burner fixed and then wash them with a more aggressive soap. Something that has NaOH in it. (look at your MSDS) From what I saw they do not look terrible. As for pricing, it depends on you. I hate giving prices to people, I do things faster than most and am willing to throw multiple people at the project. I would think that you could wash the crane in about 20 minutes and the box truck in about 15. I hope this helps.
Scott

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT size="3"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">Andy

I've used Zep before,they have good products,as one of the salesman what product for hy.eqt.,you can use it on the trucks to.

I'm like Scott on pricing but from the looks the box truck 25,,the backhoe 45,,cann't see the rest good enough to gave price.

If you use a Alkaline soap add a little degreaser to it for the hy.eqt.

Man dat fish is driving me nuts,I haven't got to go yet,,,to many pokers in the fire..I know I've missed the first spawn but but but but

</FONT c></FONT f>
</FONT s>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Bigreds

Scott, Thanks now,I can get a good estimate of my time it "should" take and come up with something. My basic cleaner does contain some NaOH. Thinking it might be alright used with heat. I wish I knew how many hours I've wasted not having it working.

BigBoy, I am interested in trying a few Zep products, Are there any that you would recommend. I was kinda wanting to see if anyone has tried some kind of bug emulsifer, and like a hot wax that would work for vehicles and siding? If there is anything else I should try I would be interested too.

Oh yea, I went down south about an hour away yesterday, and cold front killed the fishing. Just when they were getting active. Caught about a dozen crappie, but it was a long day.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bigreds (edited April 19, 2001).]

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">Andy

Its hard to say,what works for me may not work for you.

I've used Zep 4358,its ok and it smells good.

Used Zep T'N'T,its ok, gets the bugs a little better.

Used Zep Dynamite,its ok.

Used Concentrated Zep Rinse wax,its ok,good shine,,it beads,,I like sheet wax.

Used Big Orange,its ok,good for adding for smoke.

Recommend
tongue.gif
all you need to clean the eqt. your talking about is a Alkaline and Casutic mixed together,more Al then Ca.

Yel man its dat time of year dang fronts anyway,,still I enjoy trying
hapfac01.gif
.May be tired then you get in but it doesn't take long to clean the cooler full of fish.Boy I like getting in a hot spot but then I get home I wished I'll left long time ago
icon39.gif
.Do you jig or live,me lure man all the way unless me another kitty cat.Like small roadrunners with spinner with curl-e tails,,red or S'ture.

</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Bigreds

Sounds good, Just want to try a few different things and like you said, See what works for me. Thanks...

I used to use mostly live bait, but I been fishing with one of them guys that really piss you off by always catching everything when you can't get a bite, and he's been turning me on to lures lately. So I guess whatever will work. Like to fish for cat, but I'll try catching whatever is biting.

------------------

Our Sponsors