time

D.Martin

Hey bigboy ,

Just a couple quick questions. A fleet what would be a good round time to wash a truck? Trailer? I am kind of looking at an hour each. But new at this as you already know. Any good tips on washing these to maybe improve wash time. The heat is also a factor in time also isn't it. How do you go about it do you brush or just presoak and wash or? If not comfortable telling on here you can e-mail me at dewcmartin@proaxis.com
This would be great to hear from you and thank you again. Do you have a email i could catch you at or a phone number. Thanks D.M

------------------

Dan S

Hey there D.Martin>>>>
Im not big-boy KAN U TELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BUT I HAVE SOME TIME TO RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION.
first of all if you have alot of trucks to do and it takes you an hour to do one you will only do 24 trucks in a day......there are many ways to do a truck and as long as you and your customer are happy then you are doing them right...
the trick is to do them with less h20>>less soap>>less time>>
this is how i do 'em (trucks) i spray my soap on with a 1.5 gpm 150 psi shur-flo..then i spray it off with the p/wer....it's that simple..you can even go a step farther and sprAy again with an acid (AKA..2-STEP)..
when you know the sun is going to be out all day get up eariler .....or get your self rigged up with lights and start at night......nothin worse then dried soap..
by doing it this way you should be able to do on a average size truck.......at least 5 an hour and more as you learn........mostly i can do around 16 to 20 trucks with 425 gal of water that includes the frame (no engine) in a couple of hours..im sure some will disagree but it really dont matter.........
and as far as trailers.........ahhhhhhhhhhh....you can do 'em the same way as well.........

------------------
YES I BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.Martin

Dan,

Thanks for the info and your time. This board is great keep up the good work. I am always learning something new on here.

------------------

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="DarkGreen">
I'm not as fast as some,it takes me 35 to 55 min's to do a truck (combo) and trailer [53ft.ref.box],depends if they wash weekly or or or.I 2 step all and upstream soap,I do not do no presoaking unless for bugs.In fleets I can 2 step a trailer in 10 to 12 min.,the trucks counting frame and engine wash off I run anywhere from 20 to 25 min. if done weeky or every 2 weeks.
There is several different ways you can go about washing one,slow down and find the one that works faster for you.As always a good qty.chemical or chemicals will speed your work as in letting the chemicals do the hard work.

Do I WHAT,brush,,no not less I have to,may brush each one 2 or 3 times a year,MYBE.Yes,I think heat plays apart in speed but not hot hot.Some chemicals work better under heat then others,I try to stay inbetween 95 and 105 degree.Don't mind telling on the bbs as how I do it but email is at bottom of my post.
</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">Hey Fuzz runner,dat alot of trucks man
lickout.gif
WhEeeeeeew if'en this pc don't stop screwing up me going put it in front of a 18 wheeler and see what happens.They told me today it had a mind of its own
laughing.gif
and ever time they fixed it,it would unfix itseft,so we dete"D its mind hoping it wouldn't notice,so for so good but its acking funny,as if'en afraid of something
smash.gif
</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="blue">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="green"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Our Sponsors