surface cleaner not cleaning right

Jon

My surface cleaner is not cleaning smoothly or evenly.

I replace nozzles about once a month or sooner if they clog up.

I have to go over each area twice lately and wonder why.

Could my spinner bar be slightly bent, thus causing this?

I have good pressure so that is not the reason.

Any idea as to what is wrong?

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jon,

If you have a bent spray bar, you should notice a vibration, are you sure you do not have an obstruction in one of your nozzles?

Jon

Mark,

No vibration and half way through job yesterday I replaced nozzles, still it did the same thing as with the other nozzles.

I drives me crazy when something like this happens since it always worked evenly before.

I could change spray bars and see if it makes any difference but then if not I would shoot this darn thing.

Always worked fine till now.

Whisper Wash Bigguy 28".

Mark, posted this before we spoke. Will call you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jon,

You also could have a leaky swivel causing a pressure loss.

Give me a call tomorrow, and we will see if we can figure out what the problem is.

:rolleyes: :D [whatup]

Last edited:

HI-Pressure

Jon,

Like Mark stated you probably have a swivel leaking by. This will lower the pressure at the nozzles. Also you might have bad bearings. They might feel ok when you spin it by hand but when you have 3000psi at the swivel it might cause the swivel to drag. Are you getting a lines as you move forward? Does the tip angle look ok?

Daren Marshall
HI-Pressure

Jon

John,

What I am getting is not straight lines but curving lines as it spins, almost like only one nozzle is working, but both have water coming out.

I was going to do a couple test today that Make mentioned to me but been busy all day, I will test in morning.

Also this swivel is only 5 month old but again that matters little, besides I think I might have had a rock bounce up as I heard a noise the last job I did, or the job before this one.

At least I have a spare so if I need to I can replace it. I learned that after I broke one in Jan.

Will let both of you know here sometime tomorrow, hopefully before noon.

Cody

<font color=e87400>Hey Jon

Having trouble eh!

I'd guess that on that BigGuy it doesn't take much to get that spraybar outta wack since it's so long, but unless the vibration is real bad I don't really see it hendering the cleaning power of the unit. So, like HP said you need to check out the tip angle. If one is off it will slow down or speed up the revolution of the spray bar making it clean poorly + it can cause a vibration since it will cause an unequal upward pressure on each side of the spraybar. Someone here or you vendor should know what the reccomended tip angle should be for that unit.

Myself, I"ve made a special templates for checking the angle of my surface cleaners to make the task easy and quick. I suggest anyone using surface cleaners do the same.

Cody

Jon

Cody,

In a nutshell, a good idea on those templates.

Why not figure them out for all surface cleaners and market it to the suppliers?

Get the copy rights on something like that and you could make some good money.

Just an idea.

But yes that is another thing I will check out on this Bigguy. Funny but I still don't feel no vibrating.

Jon

Mark, John and Cody,

Problem fixed, spinner bar ever so slightly bent, that little clunk I heard must have bent it, could not tell when tested, all looked ok.

Pressure good, water out of both nozzles. Removed and compared to new bar, there it is, such a slight curve but I could see it.

New bar on and it works great.

Stupid question here, can old bar be fixed or is it trash can time?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jon,

Glad you got the "Bigguy" (surface cleaner) fixed!
I do not think you will be able to straighten the bent spray bar, it needs to be perfectly straight, if it is not straight or out of balance, it will eventually ruin your swivel.

Let me know if you want to order a spare.

[hand]

Jon

I was wrong

:mad: :mad:

Yeah that is me ok, also I am red faced, it is NOT fixed, even with the new spray bar it is still doing it.

Water clean and filtered, nozzles and bar new, I don't walk fast or slow, have found the perfect pace and I overlap.

Now I am about to load up me shotgun and teach this ()#*$^() a lesson.

HELP

I know equipment breaks down, I know we must take care of them and do our daily, weekly and monthly maintance but this is bugging me now.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Dan put that baby with the hammer back in, I need it now.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jon,

From what you are saying, it seems that the only thing left is the swivel?
:

:confused:

Beth

Hi guys...
Rod is having this problem on his wisper washer (slowert to spin up to speed) and from what I gather he should replace the swivel FIRST then the bar if that doesn't do it??????

Beth

p.s. Mark, can I have him call you???

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor

Sure give me a call, that is what I am here for, I will be in the office Friday 5/18/01 from 8:30 AM PST to 4:00 PM PST

[flag] [hand]

Our Sponsors