Present to local realty assoc.??

GutterUP

Has anyone tried working with realtors to get contacts? The brokers, agents, and sellers all have incentive to make a property look nice. Last time I sold a house I had new windows and some other work done, and my agent had the cost taken out of the proceeds at closing, so I had no out-of-pocket expense. Lots of us run a tight budget! Roof, driveway, walks, fences & decks can really make a first impression; good or bad. My local realtor board holds regular meetings and welcomes guest speakers on related subjects. Has anyone tried this approach?

Trace

Don't know about other realators, Did a job for a local realator 2 months ago, actually it was their office building still waiting for my money. Time to stop in and say (Remember me?)

Harold Brantley

Yes, I made 8 or 10 half hour presentations to realtor meetings last year with 15 to 30 realtors at each. The presentations were well received, lots of interest and questions, and left tons of brochures. First week after each presentation I had 3 or 4 calls for proposals and none were accepted. Results after that were even more disapointing.

WHAT WENT WRONG? --- I had approached them with the idea that I would do an exterior property cleaning survey on new or old listings they had. I gave the finished survey to the realtor to go over it with the home owner and I think that is where I lost control. I have never gotten a high percentage of jobs when I don't meet and talk directly to the home owner. If I decide to revisit the realtors in the future, I will insist on getting the name of the home owners and dealing directly with them.

Now I have a policy that I never make a proposal and leave it at the door. If I can't meet with them they are just price shopping and I am always the highest (which is where I want to be). If they want me to come by, make an estimate and leave it in the door, I tell them that I don't do business that way. When I talk directly to the home owner, I can sell my company, experience and myself and will get 8 out of 10 jobs I quote.

Craig Knight

I never actually hit up the Realitors about doing work for them. The realitors here will tell their clients to do this or do that to the house and i end up getting calls, do the work, then the clients tell the realitors who did it and their is my residual work.

The realitor will call me and meet with me and we exchange cards and the rest is history. I work for 3 realitors who send me alot of business. Nothing to retire on, but good solid leads. They are highly respected so when they tell the homeowner to call PWU, then they do and they accept my bids.

Seems when you let the realitor find you, then they like what you have done previously and want to be associated with you. Dont be afraid to tell homeowners that are selling their house to let their realitor know who did the home cleaning. It works.

Craig

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Good idea Craig,

Never really thought about telling the customer to tell their realtor.
I work for one. They have sent me about $1000 worth of work this year. It all came very early in the season. I have not heard from then in a while. The realtor I have worked for helped me purchase my home when we got to Texas. Which happens to be the company one of your realtors (Craig) referred my wife and I too.

Our Sponsors