New members

Mike Hughes

Is it me........or did we gain ten members in the last day and a half ???? Last time I looked it said 535!

Welcome aboard...........post whatever's on your mind.

CaroliProWash

Just do a search - you probably don't want to open that can of worms publicly. FWIW, your $350 is FAR FAR better spent elsewhere in my opinion.

Celeste

FCPWLLC

Just send me the $350 and I'll give ya what they do. LOL

Actually save you're $$$... There's a Round Table coming up that will benefit you more for you $$.
Keep an eye out for more info as plans get finalized.

ddpc1

new guy to this forum

Ok, then what is a " round table " ?
I would also be interested in group insurence, if it would save me money.
Is there any thing like that ? If so isit worth it?

David Brown
Dirty Deeds Powerwashing

CaroliProWash

Nobody has come up with any group insurance, unfortunately. Round tables are get-togethers that started way back in the day. They've now grown to some serious events. If you find one that you can make, you'll never regret attending one. So much to learn and the networking is priceless. There's a few coming up over the next few months, they die off somewhat during the spring/summer/early fall, then they start back up again. Off the top of my head - Jan 11/12 Log home one in Ellijay, Georgia, Russ Spence has one in Alabama in February I think, there will be one in Detroit sometime in March (look for formal announcement next week)

Also, may as well announce the new site (Mark, Larry - it's not an advertisement! :)) Contractor Events site will be up next week. This site is for folks to put their events online, see how to hold one, find one to go to. It's a free site for contractors. Hopefully we'll get some supporters and also be able to be reciprocal site supporters as well. It's not live yet but watch for it. www.contractorevents.com

Celeste

ddpc1

Celeste,
thank you for that info! I will be paying attention for details.
If nobody hasput together anything on insurence yet , is this not the perfect place for a buntch of business owners (in the same business) to discusssuch things.
It seems to me that we all are people that take charge of life. If all we need is some one to start the discussion, then consider it started. we should alll get together and do something real. viva-la-revolution! Maybe I am just not that hip to the way it is. I do know how I would like it to be.

CaroliProWash

It's been tried for years. Truly if you consider the number of people in this industry, the internet percentage is very small. Add to that the fact that there is no single organization that can make enough contractors happy to get a large enough membership. Even at its best the **** was only up to about 500 members and still costs wasn't effective enough to get folks to buy insurance therefore, that percentage was even smaller.

You are talking about health insurance, right? That's the only one that could be a group thing. If the local networks begin taking off there is a future potential for small localized groups to possible get plans together that ultimately could become large enough to go nationwide but that's years away. You'd do just as well to explore your Home Builders Assn, or other orgs like BOMA or IWCA or even the Home Depot Business Toolbox - I think they have insurance for small businesses.

Celeste

ddpc1

Health Insurence

Celeste,
Yeah, health insurance is what I am talking about. Like I said, I'm not hip to how it is. This is realy the first time even talking to other p/w contractors for me.
Around here the envirment is not very friendly between different companies. there is alot of competition, and with Home depot selling machines, any tom ,dick, or harry can easily get into the game without much prior experience. Cut throat is the name of the game with these guys. alot of them jump in, most don't last too long but they do make things a little more difficult. there are like thirty or so in the yellow pages. and ten or so in the local newspaper. that means that residential customers can pick and choose.
My business does good because of how long I 've been visible. PLUS word of mouth gets me alot of work. I Also have good salesmanship techniques that shines through to the customers. I do all my etimates in person, one on one with each customer.
I sell myself, and my services to them face to face.
BUT there is no industry group around here.I wish I could change that.
David Brown
DIRTY DEEDS POWERWASHING & CONTRACTING
7802 Flagstaff RD.Baltimore,Md.21237
443-629-7815 dirtydeedspc@verizon.net

CaroliProWash

Actually, you have a PWNA BOD right there - at least I think Brian Caudle is still hanging on. Red Fall is his company I believe. You've actually got quite a few friendly, helpful contractors in Maryland - you'll find some on here occasionally. Internet land is quite a place sometimes. You never know who you'll meet & what it can turn into LOL

Celeste

HDPW

I am new here, kinda struggling a bit to figure it out, how it works and all. How to I post my pic? do I have a profile? how can I subscribe to other users post? Where can I get answeres? Thanks.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Welcopme to The PWN

Check out " UserCP" at top of page
user control panel you can upload
your pic there. :)

New Look

Registerd User
I am new here, kinda struggling a bit to figure it out, how it works and all. How to I post my pic? do I have a profile? how can I subscribe to other users post? Where can I get answeres? Thanks.

Welcome aboard

HDPW

Why do I keep running in to this?.... I really wish there was a site tutorial. 'thanks everyone' :)
........................................................................................................................................
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Our Sponsors