Seeking Advice On Where To Locate Gov. Contracts

• Thread starter AranPressureWashing
  • Start date
A

AranPressureWashing

Any pointers on where to find gov. bid listings?

Scott Stone

Usually you have toget on the individual bid lists of each government entity, School District, city, county, state, and federal. There are also bid notification services. One is purchase pro at www.purchasepro.com and sometimes your local chamber of commerce has a bid locating system. I know that a lot of the smaller bids are put out without going through the bid process. With these you need to know the purchasing agent and be able to have them think of you first. Usually these bids are for anything they think is going to be under $10,000. Let me know if you have any more questions.

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Dave Olson

In my experience Federal is under $2500 and state is under $5000 without going out for bids. We deal directly with the guy/gal that is in charge of getting the job done. Very seldom do we deal with purchasing agents.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

Richard

Hey maybe this will help www.sba.gov/GC/contacts.html
hope this helps by the way the gov. makes it very hard and long, and the reason is they want to weed out the fly by nighters, stick with it, generally takes a year or so but if you persist they will give you the oppertunity to bid.
Richard
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Richard on April 02, 2000 ]</font>

Our Sponsors