Back in business!

Ken & Kathy

Hello again,

Wow! There's been alot of changes made here. Gonna take some time to figure out.
I tried to add a reply to the thread about icons , but I must've done something wrong, cause it never showed up, that I could see?:(
I'm gonna miss the old bb, at least untill I figure out this one, anyway. :)
Well, winters on it's way out, and we are back in business again.
I'm very excited to say, we have a couple new contracts already this year( one for a pulp mill office building and the other for 7-11).
So we're off to a good start, so far anyway. The snow left early this year, so we're in business, sooner than expected, but a very nice surprise!
Glad to be back!

Take care, Kathy

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<font color="FF00FF">HI

Glad to cold finally went away,hey even some new accounts,way to go [spin].

When or what month does it get to cold again for you'll to wash [spaz] ?

After you play with the bbs for awhile Ya get the hang of it,really its easier than the other one. [tie]
</f>

Jon

Welcome back Northern Friends.

Been way to long, are the boys helping again this year Kathy?

Yes many changes, Cody and Bigboy figures out most of them but don't expect Cody to tell us all his secrets:p

Kathy, I lost your Email address so would you send it to me again, also is your AIM still the same, your online yet it does not show your on AIM?

Might as well get upto date on that too!

Last edited:

Ken & Kathy

Re: Bigboy

Last year we worked right up to the end of September, but that was pushing it. We were getting ready to antifreeze, around the middle of Sept. and a lady phoned to get the windows of her "Huge" house done, just out of town. While we were doing hers, turned out, she was on the phone refering us to her sister-in-law, a couple houses up, who had an even bigger house. We ended up with 4 jobs out of that one. We'll probably get them all this year, again, with more recommendations, since they seemed very excited about spreading the word about us.

You say this board is easier than the last? Sure seems harder
to me...And "NO" it doesn't have anything to do with whose behind the wheel..lol

Now where was that button, to get out of here...Hmmm.. Just kidding!:D

Take care, Kathy

Ken & Kathy

Hi, Jon

Good to see you!...And, I can see you too! Lol
Just sent you an e-mail, so you should have it by now, and are maybe even reading it as I type? :D

Take care, Kathy

Larry L.

<b><font color="FF33FF"> :eek: hey that means you have 7 months to do nothing or fish,hunt.

No really what do you do in the colder months,,,,say by the fire [spin].

You can use this < and this / for your fonts and colors plus any of the color codes,like,,,,,,0000F (blue),,,,,FF0000 (red).

If you like useing the icons,its easy,after you click reply just pick out which one and click on it when you want to add it to the post.

You can do this though out the post at anytime you want to add one.

It just looks hard at first,I thought the same thing [spaz] .I thought Dan had missed everthing up at first but he has done a great job in setting it up the way it is,,,well he did sorta of miss the icons up and threw some of them away,mean-y,mean-E MEAN-e.

We had a pretty little cat dat I liked,it was a good one too,,,,,,mean-E</b></f>

Ken & Kathy

Re: Bigboy

Hi,

If we had to support ourselves with this business, we'd starve to death...:D We live in a small town.(pop. aprox. 5000)

Ken works full-time at the Pulpmill here(4 days on and 4 days off), and I work part-time at a Salon in town(I'm a hairdresser). Plus, I
work at the pulpmil as well, when they have maintenance shut-downs(I'm a gas-tester),usually once or twice a year, for about 11 days straight, with no time off(absolutely kills me, but "Great" money!).
Because of Kens 4 on, 4 off, shift at the pulpmill, it gave us plenty of time to have our own business, which is something we'd been wanting to do for years, but were kinda slow in taking the "scary plunge." Now that we have, we're loving it!
This is our second year in business, and hopefully our best year.
Were off to a good start anyway, and we have our fingers crossed. :)
Belonging to this bb, with all the experienced(and friendly)people here, has been a definate bonus, for when we get stuck, and need help, or just to read and learn from.

Take care, Kathy

Walt Graner

I just don't know how you guys take the cold weather stuff. I hate it myself. If it gets below 60 I'm dressed like an Eskimo

Jon

Walt,

I am the other way, if it gets over 70° it is to hot for me, I was born and raised a mile from the Pacific Ocean and love the beach.

I have never gotton used to the summer heat here which like many of you is HOT,100° plus daily but instead of humitiy we have smog so thick you cannot see the mountains.

Larry L.

<b><font color="e87400">Hmm pulpmill,Kathy do you and Ken not wash the trucks and logging eqt. around you.
Seems like they would be alot of Big trucks around there.If your not already washing them you could add truck or fleetwashing to your other trade.This may be something to think about b/c its weekly,every two weeks to a month between washs on trucks or most trucks that is.You can wash at 32 or less(I don't),you may be able to get enough bussiness that you could take off on colder days,weeks,months.

If I didn't make any sence dat b/c I'm eating Vienna Sausage with little debbie big 12 chocit brownies,huumm. </b></f>:D :)

Ken & Kathy

Most of the logging contractors, want us to go way out in the middle of nowhere, to do their trucks. (and the roads would be pretty ruff on p/w) In town we've been asked to do heavy machinary, but since we don't have a way to reclaim the water, we've had to turn them down.

We would like to expand on what we do, but are not sure yet, what all we want to get into. We need to play around with different things first, to get a better idea of what all we'd enjoy doing, before we commit ourselves.

We'd like to try deck stripping this year, since we have alot of people wanting the loose paint, p/w off. So we plan on offering some people we know, some kind of spec. deal, to let us try a product out and see how well it works, and also get a better idea, if it's something we want to get into or not?

I just want us to be darn good, at what ever services we decide to offer!

[tie]
This is Ken, on a busy day!

[hand]

Our Sponsors