pressure hose

johny

My pressure hose busted right after i started washing a house,that really mae me made since i have used it for only 50 hours,luckilly NAPA fixed it for $5.Why does this happen??I remember a last fall somebody run it over,not sure if in the same place.Could this be the problem,i had 3000 psi,1 wire hose from e-spec.What really pissed me of that i had my hose in costumers driveway yeasterday,and like dummy it was folded in 3 layers in front of their garage.I was parked o the left side ,so to reach the right side of the house it had to be in the driveway.Before i could blink the guy had backed out and run my hose over in 6 places instantly,i will know next time.They kept backing out all day,i didnt say nothing it was too late,but i was mad.So should i be concernewd about it know,how bad is for somebody to run it over,should i just go ahead and order a spare??
Thanks,Johny

Douglas Hicks

Where did the hose break? at the end or in the middle? If at the end, that's where mine break. try putting another piece of hose over where the hose and the fitting meet. Get a couple of field repair ends and keep on the van. Don't forget a saw to cut the hose and some wrenches to screw it on with. If the NAPA folks did not use the same end as came on the hose, or crimped it on with too much or too little pressure, that could be a future problem.. My hose is a Goodyear, so I got some fittings from Goodyear. so far I have had less problem by matching the fittings with the hose. Driving over hose is not a good idea, but probably did not cause the problem.. But understand, I, as a former firefighter, have a thing about taking care of my hoses. I had a guy drive over my hose one day. I told him he should not do that. He replied, I replied, more replies back and forth. He seemed to not understand my point, so as I was doing a chinese restaurant I called him by a Chinese name, Phat Ph***. That seemed to get his attention. Not professional, but I was pissed that he ran over my hose, which was in plain sight, with plenty of room to drive around. He asked for my bosses name, I offered a business card. he started to take it and I told him it would cost a dollar. He declined to pay. the madder he got, the calmer I got (just like talking to an ex-wife) As I say, very unprofessional , but it did break up a difficult day. I hope you handled your situation better.
Douglas Hicks
General fire Equipment Co, Inc

Jim&Shirley

Hoses

We now use Goodyear double Braded 2 wire 4000 psi hoses and ours is 3000 psi Machines there more exspensive but have seem to last longer, Anyone Running over you hose will break the wire brads and weaken it causeing eventual Failure, we try to prevent this with Traffic cones and when they do or ask what will happen
we tell them its a $200.00 hose and it can explode and Damage their Tires because they have wire brades, AND 200 degrees of hot-water and 3000 psi.

Hope this helps, just our Thoughts.

JIM & SHIRLEY

johny

Thanks for your replies,i do need to keep some tools to fix it myself handy.I tried to cut it with a kitchen knife,guess if that worked.I guess i can just order more hoses and learn,they will probably bust any time since this dude run them over 10 times,i did handle this situation nicely,but one time i was cleaning a gas station and talking to a potential costumer at the same time.Somebody run my hose where there was plenty of room around.I called him a bad name and bit my tongue.I apologized to the person i was talkin to and still got the job.He probably understood the situation but its not very professional i agree,but things happen and you learn.
Johny

johny

Thanks for your replies,i do need to keep some tools to fix it myself handy.I tried to cut it with a kitchen knife,guess if that worked.It broke 5 feet to the end.I guess i can just order more hoses and learn,they will probably bust any time since this dude run them over 10 times,i did handle this situation nicely,but one time i was cleaning a gas station and talking to a potential costumer at the same time.Somebody run my hose where there was plenty of room around.I called him a bad name and bit my tongue.I apologized to the person i was talkin to and still got the job.He probably understood the situation but its not very professional i agree,but things happen and you learn.
Johny

Our Sponsors