Presentations,,,,,,,,

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Presentations,,,,,,,,...,,,,

Presentations,,,,,,,,

Has anyone tried presentations to large groups or even small ones??? Have they worked out or has it been a bust?????[fox] [bb]

Last edited:

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
David,,

To learn, so give me some substances David, what types of groups have you talked with, what worked? Can you do that or is that not a good enough reason?????????

Not to sound sarcastic but that’s what I need. I don’t need any one instance. Tell me about the one that worked or the one that failed. Heck I don’t care. Just teach me something I don’t already know.

I give presentations all the time to small groups but have not had the opportunity to give one too a larger group. The most I have had was probably 35. I really would like to get some of these hotel groups and restaurant groups to accept and invitations. I guess I could have a party and invite potential customers.

I once invited 250 contractors to a ball game on me. That was not a good idea. Whoops theirs a mistake I made. Ball games are fun but you can’t speak. I did get a couple of nice leads.

Just wondering if any of you have made mistakes and would share them or if you had any super idea’s for getting or setting up group presentations?????

that’s all sorry for not being specific and not giving examples.

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Ron

Lets just say that my resume would lend itself if I was applying for a position. You have not been open at all with anything and to even hint in open on this bb that you q&a my qualifications is simply out of line.

You have no program and without members you have even less. One starting point for your credibility would be to support Power Wash Network.

If you ever want personal information from me call or send me a E-mail.

David:mad:

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
David,

I try to put topics out on the Board to engage dialog. To help others by sharing their successes and learn from others mistakes. I would caution you and the other donators from making comments about who has paid and who hasn't. I donate quite a bit of time, thought and effort in helping out others on this board, please don't turn others away by making those kinds of comments.

:D [bp]

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Ron you will never get this off the ground and it is because of your attitude. When one has to point out his donated time and what he has done for others. Maybe one should take a second look.

I am one person who at my age does not need a lecture from you or anyone else.

David

Craig Knight

Ron,

I have never spoke to a large group. Don't know the first thing about it. But i do know the technology that would be used to do it.

Just recently i have had a guy make me up a master cd that is a SELF RUNNING program (advertisement) for my company and it is amazing. He imported digital video, before and after pictures, and even caught my good side every once in a while. The video is a 17 minute video that expains all the commercial services we provide from the transportation industry to 5 story buildings.

The national poles say that someone with a schedule will not sit down and take the time to watch a video that is 20 minutes or longer. That is just too long to take the time for. So we hit it for 17 minutes on commercial cd.

The cd will play on computer or dvd player. Easy to package, and cost pennies to copy and pass out.

I know this is not the way to speak to a large group, but it is a great way to speak to a large group that is not in one place.

Craig

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Craig,

That’s and assume idea, I would wonder if the CD starts automatic when the potential customer put it in or does h need to hit run?

You can reach out to others for sure. Would people be afraid to put it in their computer for fear of virus? I suppose some might but you probably have made and initial contact with the one you give the CD too. That’s using the high tech toys or sure.

Not to mention they might play your presentation in front of all a managers or a group.

Craig Knight

Ron,

I have seen the demo, which changes will be made and voice overlay will be added, but the cd does start automatically if cd player is equipped with autostart. Which all are probably by now. The auto start feature of the cd is where my limited computer knowledge came to an end. I had to get help in making a cd that used its own program to run on anyones pc, where it wont need a media player to run. Most computers only come with one type of media player and i didnt figure asking them to download a different player would work.

As for the risk of virus, i dont believe they will feel at risk, since they know who it is coming from and know where to find me.... I am not hard to find. Usually viruses come from unknowns.

Also we are going to put the video on the little 3 inch cd's for a novelty eye-catching purpose, that will almost promise they will give it a try. They are cute and not many people have ever tried one. They hold 30 minutes and cost a lot less when bought in bulk. Also they run in dvd's and pc's.

Craig

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Craig,

That’s a super idea, I have tried it and never was able to make it totally successful. I ‘m leaning towards putting video clips on my web site. I hope to have a customer’s own demo on the site and then send them an address. I wish you luck with yours and hope it makes you lots of money. I’m knocking my brains out building this web site. When I’m done it will be worth it. I hope to have customers coming in and out. Customers don’t visit pw sites that often. Maybe we can change this with some high tech toys.

Thanks for the post Craig you’re always a gentleman & scholar.

archie hodges

yes i have . It always works and you get alot of business. I have done home owners for condos, home builders asso, lake builders asso, etc.. but be prepared to answer all questions.. be to the point and professional. i will do every one i can...

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Archie,

I don’t do much residential stuff, those homeowner associations you have good luck with them???

Scott Stone

Ron,
I have been thinkin gof putting together a power oint presentation. It would be cool, you could take a lap top with you to show it to potential customers. Then you could follow Craigs suggestion and leave them with a CD, The same or different, doesn't really matter, and let them check it out at their convenience. Of course if they are like me it would seldom be convenient.

Scott

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Hey thats a great idea, you could have it on hard drive or burn it to a CD. If you guys need a program that will make those CD’s open automatic I had a program written for this idea. My new truck just came in yesterday. I wont be posting any pictures.

Beth

CD's with the autorun feature are very common today in the software industry, but I"m not sure how practical they would be in our industry, except possible for commercial clients. I would rather deliver a presentation to the appropriate decision makers and leave materials behind, but that's just me.

Regarding viruses, if you are not loading any software it is not an issue. It's only when you have to copy files from CD to hard drive that there could be a risk, but if the CD is clean, it's not an issue. Typically people don't associate CD's with viruses anyway, the way they do email and attachemnts.

We have had excellent results with our web site, and use it as an online brochure. It gives folks the opportunity to shop and not feel pressured.

Beth

p.s. I have seen videos used in boothes at home shows, that seemed to attract attention.

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Twelve Years later a great post that helped me think about what I could do different
Ron,

I have seen the demo, which changes will be made and voice overlay will be added, but the cd does start automatically if cd player is equipped with autostart. Which all are probably by now. The auto start feature of the cd is where my limited computer knowledge came to an end. I had to get help in making a cd that used its own program to run on anyones pc, where it wont need a media player to run. Most computers only come with one type of media player and i didnt figure asking them to download a different player would work.

As for the risk of virus, i dont believe they will feel at risk, since they know who it is coming from and know where to find me.... I am not hard to find. Usually viruses come from unknowns.

Also we are going to put the video on the little 3 inch cd's for a novelty eye-catching purpose, that will almost promise they will give it a try. They are cute and not many people have ever tried one. They hold 30 minutes and cost a lot less when bought in bulk. Also they run in dvd's and pc's.

Craig

Our Sponsors