How to fill my tank??

WasherBoy

Hello,Anyone here running there service out of a box van or other inclosed trailor?My question is how do you all fill up on water??Heres my story,i have a boxed in 1 ton truck,500 gallon tank,do mostly residential work so i use mostly there water,but..i got a few jobs coming up where im going to have to refill with water and i go to water place and there is no way to fill my truck inside it is set up where you just pull underneath and it flows in,well as you can see i cant do this,so you all with the boxed trucks what are you doing??Thanks!

Dan S

what do you mean it's set up so you pull underneath???

all you need to do is buy a gas engine h20 pump...... i use a 5hp
2'' discharge into the tank....

if you go this way take all precautions in keeping as much dirt out of your tank as possiable.

and after re-reading your post i guess the big question i have
where is the h20? are you talking about >>>>creek>>river>>lake
where are you going to get your h20..............

food for thought>>>>>>>> dont always depend on using your customers h20>>>>if you got that big of tank find a creek and pump from it .......
i know now that summer is here there is always talk about drought....if you haul your own from a creek>river.ETC>>>
no-body can shut you down....but if you are using hosehold h20 and there is a restriction on useage.......and use it any ways because you need to work you can and will be fined........

@ least thats the law around here!!!!!!!!!!!

i haul all my h20 >>>> even in the midst of a severe drought and I never had any problems.........as a matter of fact i do alot of state trucks for our local >>>>> D.E.P <<<<<<<
MAYBE I WENT OVERBOARD ON YOUR QUESTION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dave Olson

Our units carry 1000 gallons. If you click on this url http://www.tps-inc.com/inside3redtruk.jpg you will see the inside of our unit with 2-500 gallons poly tanks that we have hooked together. We have a 8" manhole in the roof. One of the places that we fill at delivers at a rate of about 400 gpm!

We also have a 3/4" line hooked into our systems so that we can fill our tanks with a garden hose and or run directly to our pumps.

Dave Olson

Cody

<font color=e87400>Don't forget fire hydrants, you can go to your local city water dept, rent a Hydrant Meter and your in there, they water is real cheap. You can get a 1 " or a 2"
1" will fill you up in about 40min
2" will fill ya up in about 4 minutes

You just need to go and buy a Special wrench, and appropriate plumbing and hose to set it up.

Our Sponsors