Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Both 1 & 2

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Lets hear your opinion.

A couple of my under 30 years of age employees (Service dept.) have the habit of not tucking in their shirts, I constantly am telling them to tuck in the shirts.

I feel that this is both a safety issue and an appearance issue.

My wife thinks I am just old fashioned??

Dave Olson

Hello Mark,

The poll will not let me vote all three! I have times when it is a safety issue (and I address it) most of the time since we work off hours, It's no big deal!

Dave Olson

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
It’s and appearance issue with me. I have older equipment and older vehicles, my guys all wear a collared shirt with Levi’s. They seem to prefer having it tuck in never really had any problems. I did have a guy that thought he could take it off a few years back.

I would have voted on both issues, the safety is important but in this line of work I’m not sure if it really will make a difference. So I voted appearance is more important. Although using the safety thing is a good excuse. If I could keep them wearing the orange vest that would be a miracle.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=""006600">I think it should not be allowed in the work area for safety.Its has its danger of getting you hurt real bad when working around running eqt. nomatter if it has safety sheilds in place or not.

I have a hadit going around with my tail out :D working around home,my dad used to chew me out for doing so around the eqt.,,his words were nomatter how careful you are with your tail out the wind or a fan can blow just alittle and when it does its to late to put your tail in b/c the eqt. will be chew'ing it off for you plus you may lose your life or a hand,finger,leg or crip'able for life so don't let me catch you again with your tail out working on OR AROUND EQT. or I'll bust your butt :D.</b></f>

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I added a option, hope you don't mind. If one of you guys want to e-mail me your vote and your change of vote. I will change it for you.

Great Poll :)

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Mark

If you want the shirt in or out - it is your company and once it become one man one vote you no longer have a company. It is your call, however I would vote one & two.

David

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Everyone at work has agreed to keep shirts tucked in.

Thanks to everyone for your votes / etc.:)

Beth

Appearance, attitude, professionalism and customers service all seem to wrap up nicely together to me. All our workers have company t-shirts they are required to wear.

Along another line, we place employee safety and proper care for homeowners property as critical on the job site.

Clean County

Beth you said it perfectly. As far as tucking in there company logo t-shirts I leave that up to my guys. The only thing that I ask of them is to wear a company shirt because it looks alot more professional. Either way we usually end up pretty dirty when we complete whatever it is where PW. And whatever it was that we were PW will look very clean and neat when where done which is sometimes opposite the way we look afterwards.[bp]

John/Clean County PW

:cool:

Beth

We sometimes find the customers like to see the dirt on the guys at the end of the job, and see the property clean. We joke about it. They now have a clean house/fence/deck/whatever and the crewman is covered in dirt and grime. A job well done! :)

The customers see the guys arrive clean and leave filthy, and we smile all the way to the bank.
;)

Our Sponsors