Vanguard

Cody

<font color=e87400> Hey I'm heading to look at a couple of machines tomorrow, they are used 2000 model 16 hp vanguard machines, one is a 3500psi and on a 4000psi.

?Any speculation on
?what the probable flow rates would be.

?guesstimate on the value

Is the 16hp Vanguard a good motor, as good as the rest anyway?

Thanks
Cody

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=blue>I agree with the wiz on the gpm,maybe 5.5.

?guesstimate on the value.

I think alot of things depends on the value,even the little things that go unnoticed. Them be'ing 2000 they should be in good shape.Lay down and stand up burners make a differents,Stainless steel wrap or painted,rain cap S.S. or painted,make of pumps,make of burners,it depends,,,if you think your getting a good deal,buy them.

Is the 16hp Vanguard a good motor, as good as the rest anyway?

Me personal'y I think they are better,been running them for 9 years,none has gone to the shop yet.I have replaced a few starter gears on one unit,the others I have never done so.Besides a dum old boy like me can work on them,the Honda seem to more harder to work on as in what NOW.
Note,I have 3 the old'est 9 and only one using a dab of oil between changes,still turns the ex'pipe white tho.

O one other thing if you go with the van route around your oil switch,it'll make it much much MUCH easier to start with the pull rope if you ever need to in a hurry if and when your battery fails b/c of dirty cables or just dead dead.

Your welcome
Bigboy
:D</b></f>

Cody

<font color=e87400>Thanks for the replies guys,,

The machines I quoted where at an auction today, they sold for $900 each.

The heater was a little Tuff hotbox Brand spanking new and went for $300

I did'nt buy either, I kinda regret not going more for the heater, I bailed out at $250, I was just looking to buy it for a spare.

Cody

Shawn Perkins

16 B/S will run a 2021 @ 3500 but not @5.5
More like 4.5-4.7.

If you use a 5 gallon bucket you will see.
We tried the same thing last week.
Also running @3500 is hard on that little 16.

Good Luck
Shawn Perkins
Perkins Pressure Wash

oguard

Using the formula of Flow X Pressure/ 1460 = Electric motor HP (from CAT Pump's literature)

Electric motor HP X 1.5 = Gas engine HP

OR

Flow X Pressure/ 1100 = Gas Engine HP

Therefore:

16 HP gas engine = 10.7 Electric motor HP

Flow X 3500/ 1460 = 10.7, so flow is no more than 4.46 GPM at 3500 PSI or using the other formula it will work out to 5.02 GPM at 3500 PSI.

At 4000 PSI you will get between 3.9 and 4.4 GPM depending on the formula.

I prefer the more conservative number or lower as it is never a good idea to run an engine at full rated power as it drastically shortens life span.

Remember to change the oil every month with the best quality oil you can find. Annually replace the spark plugs.

Hope this helps? Cheers.

Our Sponsors