Ok Bigboy Here's One For You

Craig Knight

Had 3 Trucks today that got into some nasty stuff. It was a grease/oil that totally covered the whole front of the trucks. Sprayed on my truck wash mixture that i always use with great results, and BAM, melted the crud right off with just a light rinse, as usual.

EXCEPT, on the front bumper, it melted right off the painted steel part of bumper, but the plastic sides, it couldnt get deep enough to do any good. Took off the exterior crud, but didnt penetrate the plastic to get the stains.

PICTURES ENCLOSED, i hope.

Anyway, if youtell me what i did wrong or what i can do to try to get the stains off, i am all ears. Yes, i did get out the dadgum brush and it did no good what-so-ever. Any Idea's?

Come on Pro's!!!!

Attachments

• im000568b.jpg
    im000568b.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Heck Graig thats easy,see them there two bolts,take the nuts off and let it fall off in another state :D.

Hydrostatic oil is some bad stuff on plastic and paint if it sets for awhile.That color doesn't help none either but I think what your calling a stain is paint gone in the spots the oil got on.Look closer it will look like a stain in most cases but if not you have done all you can,if you try to go farther you will do more damage to that color.The plastic drawed the oil in if it was hot hydro-oil,,,In most cases that type of plastic has open pores as the reason I think paint is gone in the stain looking spots,,to bad it wasn't a black one haha.

I also noticed your work area,man wish all mine had areas like that.Not only that I hardly ever get to see a painted rim hahaha,from the looks of the truck you a o k truck washer.

Last edited:

MobileClean

I agree with Bigboy, the only way to get that stuff off is to repaint it...maybe T-N pink, that ought to make the driver real happy. Know what color that is Bigboy?[getout]
Clent

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Yep,,,driver may be a she hahaha.

I don't like that type of bumper and that color,,in bug season you have to be alittle careful with it.

I,m lucky in a way but 98% of the ones I wash are chrome,I have several that are only about 4 to 6 inches off the ground.BIG BIG bumpers with a roll of lights across the bottom and up the sides to catch alot of bugs.

Craig Knight

Alrighty then, thanks for the replys. This company has OTR trucks and Local Trucks. This was a local truck single axle, they only have 19 of them, but so far 3 have gotten this crud on them. The Plastic part of the bumper is not painted, just dyed gray in production process. So it never had a chance against this stuff.

Talked to the fleet manager this morning and told him i did all i could and he couldn't believe i got it off the rest of the truck. Bigboy, your right about being hydro-oil. Said it has been on them for close to a week, so he was proud it came off as much as it did.

Thanks for the help.

Craig
New Cellular # 713-875-3792
PWU # 281-361-8196

Our Sponsors