insurance

Tony H

I currently have insurance through the Walters Agency (I saw it on another page). Is it good??? Or should I have State Farm or Allstate etc?? When I bought the insurance I didn't know where to begin.... Also, I was wanting to bid on a job but they said I needed a minimum million coverage in liability, workers comp, and vehicle insurance. Does this sound right?? Where do I get workers comp?? Also, as of now I'm the only employee so do I really need it. Basically, should I just let this one go and proceed with what else I'm doing/? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn (edited February 24, 2000).]

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hi Tony,

If your interested in checking on your insurance and comparing it to other companies. You need to contact local companies in your area and ask them for information.

Workers comp is insurance you have to pay on your employee's. It is a percentage of the income they make. It runs, I think 7 to 15 percent of their weeks pay

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708 715-4205

Rob Blair

Hi Tony,

Check with some local insurance agents and compare coverage and costs. It is likely they won't vary to much. One million in libility is a comon coverage. We have it on two busineses. The cost for our power wash business is 374.00 a year. This includes the following:

2 mil. aggregate
1 mil. each occurance
50,000 fire damage
5,000 medical expense

We are insured with a local company (went to school with one of the agents) It is a wise move to have these insurances! If you don't have employees you need to comunicate that to your contact person (no workers comp)Hopefully you have some accident insurance on yourself, that should meet their requirement. It is their business so can require what ever they want! Hope this helpful.........Rob

Barry Loy

Hi Rob,You gave a cost for your business's insurance of 374.00 a year. That seems like a very good figure. I pay more than that for less coverage. Can we get together ?
Barry Loy barry.loy@mciworld.com
Originally posted by Rob Blair:
Hi Tony,

Check with some local insurance agents and compare coverage and costs. It is likely they won't vary to much. One million in libility is a comon coverage. We have it on two busineses. The cost for our power wash business is 374.00 a year. This includes the following:

2 mil. aggregate
1 mil. each occurance
50,000 fire damage
5,000 medical expense

We are insured with a local company (went to school with one of the agents) It is a wise move to have these insurances! If you don't have employees you need to comunicate that to your contact person (no workers comp)Hopefully you have some accident insurance on yourself, that should meet their requirement. It is their business so can require what ever they want! Hope this helpful.........Rob

Randy

i have insurance through J Walters also only because when i called around locally the companies in my area would not or could not underwrite a policy. i got the run around about it from alot of places. i pay alot for a little it seems. if any body has a nation wide insurance company that writes these policies for a good price please let us know so we may be able to cut our cost a little

Rob Blair

Hey guys,

Have had different ones e-mail me about this Insurance so thought a post would be helpful. Our liability insurance on our power wash business is a Commercial General Liability policy from Ohio Casualty, got it through a local company so don't have address, phone numbers. We got this particular policy last month. The only thing we wash is truck fleets and heavy equipment, mostly logging equipment. We are covered to move trucks and eqipment and anywhere we work not just a couple counties. Was very up front and clear about what we do to the agent. I wanted to be covered for what we actually did(we don't hand wash car lots) if you know what I mean! I do know that if you wash residential your cost will be higher, at least with this Insurance. You can see the actual coverage in post above. Has a $500.00 deductable per occurance.

Another company to check with:

American States Insurance Company
Indianapolis, Indiana

They handle our Liability Insurance on our Logging Company, don't know if they cover power washing. Feel free to e-mail me...........Rob

Our Sponsors