DI Water Help

Andy's Car Wash

I just got a DI water tank and am having a mojor problem with it, it is still leaving a few spots on cars. I took the unit back to where I got it and they tested the water and said that it should be leaving a spot free finish. They suggested the it may be my pressure washer, but it worked fine on my friend's DI unit. Any help or suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks
Andy

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
I can not think of any reason why the "pressure washer" would leave "spots" the spots are probably from the water being used, my guess is there is something wrong with the way it is hooked up or, or a malfunction of some type.

Did the vendor you get your DI tanks from test the di tanks output while hooked up to your pressure washer?

H

Hotwaterwizard

What company is it?
What process do they use?
Are you pulling the water or is it pressurized?
Try Culligan!

Scott Stone

Sorry, I am slow to respond to this, but I don't normally hit this forum.
I use DI water all of the time. My average bill for DI water is about $750 a month, and I get a really good price.
It depends on what you mean by spotting. Is spots or is it streaks? are using soap and if so what kind.
Some soaps just do not rinse clean, even though they claim that they do. You might need to change soaps. Another problem is that people rinse too fast. You might want to slow down just a little and let the water run over the vehicle. Make sure that you start from the top and work down. Otherwise, the water from the top will leave marks on the truck, car or what have you.
It could also depend on your water source. If there is new construction in the area, or pipeline construction it will affect your water quality. Sometimes, if the water is really bad in one area, the cars will spot up and in another area, they will come out spot free.
IF your water is stored in a water tank, I have heard that the water will lose the ionic charge after awhile and you will get spots. Also if the water in the tank is not DI water it could cause problems.
Finally, it is also possible that it is too hot, and causing problems. It does not make sense, but it appears that it happens from time to time. I think, but I am not sure, that it is the wax on the vehicles that is soft, and the soap loosens more and then it spots up and looks like a calcium deposit.

Andy's Car Wash

Turns out the "DI Tank" that this company sold me is little more than a basic water softner. So I returned the thing, demanded my money back, then went over to Culligans. They set me up with a real unit. The best thing I ever did. It cut my time down in half. Thanks for all they help you guys have given me.

AndysCarWash@hotmail.com

Our Sponsors