Kitchen Exhaust Shool?

Clean County

Has anyone gone to Phil Acklands( The grease guru) vent a hood school that cost $1900 for 5 days? If you did do you recommend it? If you didn't go to this school do you think it would be worth looking into?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I may expand my business to include restaurant vent a hood cleaning because my add will soon be in the yellow pages and I may get calls to price this kind of work and of course I have less then Zero experience in this field.

Thanks -John-
[green]

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
You have lots of options before making plans for a class in Texas. I would buy Phil Acklands book on exhaust cleaning. This book gives you the basic background of this service along with many ideas that will aim you in the right direction for you.

Some companies, if asked will offer you a week internship that would give you a chance to clean multi jobs. This would give you a on job training rather than classroom. I have helped several companies in the past with good success.

However Phil Ackland training is good for some people. But I would never attend a school before I knew the basics of the job service.

David

Dave Olson

Hi John,

You have no where to go but up if as you say you have less than zero experience. :)

All training that you receive will be helpful. Some more helpful than others. Do not expect to be able to read a book, attend a class and be an expert! It just will not happen. You must have experience to round out the training! But you must start somewhere.

I have had a few fellows go out with my crews to observe how we clean exhaust systems. Before they come, I urge them to at least get Phil's book and a copy of NFPA 96 (and of cours read them!). This gives them some idea of the what & whys of how we clean these systems.

Dave Olson

Our Sponsors