Different Pump Oils

Power Clean

Is it absolutely necessary to use the specified pump oil for a specific pump? I don't know about todays cars, but years ago I know fords required special trany fluid in their auto trannies. So I would like to know if pw pumps are the same. 15-40w verses 30w or different brands, etc. Can you by this stuff from and auto dealer?

Quick repsonse would be nice............

thanks, roy

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>I don't really know what some of the differents is but.

Over a year ago I started useing Castrol Syntec Blend 10w30w and as of now I do not see no problems,,I have cat pumps.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
We have used 30 wt hydraulic oil for years.

I tell my customers if they are in a bind 30 wt non detergent motor oil will work in most pumps, but never detergent oil.

Pumps using 75-90 wt should not be run with 30 wt.

Just my 2cents worth![hand]

Power Clean

bigboy, was that motor oil????

mark, hydraulic oil? what about ps fluid.

I was thinking either of the the oils/fluids would work..

I don't know...:(

thanks, roy

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>Yes its motor oil,I haven't seen no problems with it YET,the pump doesn't get hot and it doesn't foam up as some say.Its the same oil I use in the engine plus all the trucks motors....Not saying its the way to go I just haven't seen nothing wrong with it.</b></f>

Power Clean

Bigboy thanks,

I use synthetic in everything, including my lawn mowers. I thought that should work.

thanks, roy

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>Ron,I thinks its wrong to call someone stupid ??? nomatter what they have done wrong,,,,that may be the reason Lance slammed the door in your face which I will comment on later.</B</f>

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Stupid question??????? What kind of pump do you have.

I have some advice. Sorry you took it wrong. Didn’t mean your stupid. You should know by now I don’t ridicule people that way. I might get to the point but not that way.

H

Hotwaterwizard

non-detergent 30 weight will work in any of the pumps.
" Never us any kind with detergent in it ! "

[fox]

Our Sponsors