BIGBOY please help

ron

First, THANKS to everyone for sharing and helping.
Bigboy i need advice on how to a better faster job on cleaning tandem axle dump trucks
that haul rock,dirt and asphault. I have hot,3000psi.5gpm skid unit. I was useing T-N-T,hot high pressure. lots of chem$ and time. I bought the red powder and a dbn1430 kit but need to know the best way to use it. Trucks need to be degreased under the body and cleaned[painted body and cabs] Everyone talks about 2 stepping but im not sure what that is.
My guess is 1]knock the heavy dirt off 2] use a shurflo pump to put on the soap[let dwell] 3] wash with hot water. Am i close to being right? Thanks again Eathan says hello.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>Hi E'than.

My mix rate may not work with your system b/c of the draw as in chemical line size,,I use 1/4 which is small.I mix (4) 2lb. coffee cans and 2 gal. of kit mix to 25 gals. of water which I upstream useing hotwater with chemical valve wide open.Unless heavy caked or baked on grease this mix will clean the frames and motors also without appling any other chemicals,DO NOT use my mix rate on polished.Don't worry about heating these chemicals to high with a powerwash,most don't get that hot.You may have to play with the mix to get it right with your draw rate but the mix kit is the one you have to be care with by not adding to much to the mix it can and will do damage to paint if to strong.If you need to degrease use the kit mix either by mixing 1/4 to 3/4 water,1/2 to 1/2 or straight,depends.....I hardly ever do any resoaking,only and mostly on bugs or degreasing.On most chemicals if you'll mix others with it you'll get a better cleaner for the job your trying to clean whether trucks or what ever.There is alot of different ways a fellow can mix different chemicals to get what you want on any or most chemicals whether good or bad in their cleaning power.

Two stepping is what makes things go faster and you have to understand the use and kinds of ACIDS.Why they call it two stepping I don't know b/c in most cases it takes 3 steps,,(1) apply acid (2)either upstream or downstream soap (3) rinse.

If these trucks have alot of mud,grease on and under bed a turbo nozzle,x-jet or 0 tip will speed things up...........later got to take grandkids for a 4 wheeler ride than swimming.</B</f>

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>BOY,watch it. :D</b></f>

Attachments

• frogpop.gif
    frogpop.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 98

Our Sponsors