Just getting started

Dominic A

Hello everyone,

My name is Dominic. I have been running a power washing biz for about a year. I have been doing mostly flat work. But do to where I live the want for this service is not greatly in demand. So I have turned my interest to hood-a-vent cleaning. Scince there is only one other guy doing this service in about a 200 mile radius. I have bought training videos and have a guy coming down to teach me how to do this correctly. I think I have all the tools I will need and what I think is a good chemical to use. My question is this I live in Colorado what do I need to get started? Do I need to be certified first before I can start to clean hood-a-vents? I plan to get certified in the future. But do I need it first? What is a good way to bid a job? I have heard $20 a linear foot for the hood plus $65 for each fan. Is this a good idea? Also what do you think about using a corrosive chemical? How about scraping? Do any of you do this? I am ready to start this exciting venture but want to make sure I am with in the law before I start. I thank you for your time.

Elite Power Washing
Dominic J. Arellano [hand]

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
I would buy Phil Ackland book($175 or so) and read it cover to cover and follow his rules. The questions that you ask will all be covered in the book, or have bee reviewed many time at this BB. Use your search tool, you will be very pleased with many of the reply answers.

Who is coming out to teach you the ropes? He should answer any question about local and or stated cert. Keep in mind each system you look at will have different in's and out along with a wide range ofdifficulty.

Regarding chemicals, we mix at the site of the job. We use sodium hydroxcide along with a soap agent. This works mjust fine and for the most part is around $.60 per pound and your use is 2-6 lbs per job. We have used this for years.

let us know how it works out!

David

Our Sponsors