(truck)

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>Luckyboy this is the type of trucks I was talking about that I wash mostly,some are fraightlines,IHC and kens,,the one in the picture is a Pete.Some of these trucks that pull grain have more chrome then the one in the picture plus many different colors.
The yellow truck I talk about spitting stack juice is like the one in the piture but has more chrome on it,,its one of the prettest trucks around here but man its polished from head to toe and to get that stack juice off without doing harm to the polished is a tricky one.He sold it afew months ago,I thought it was gone for good it make my day but dang another grainhualer bought it,so its back to washing dat %#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#% yellow truck........trailer picture coming up.

Attachments

• 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 189

ParadiseProWash

Bigboy thats a mighty fine wash job, gosh that sucker shines. I would image you would have to be very careful as to not screw up those nice looking trucks. Do you do many farmers or do you find that they dont really care about them being cleaned. We have a bunch of farmers around here. Man those trucks look like they havent been cleaned in years. Tried to talk to a few and they say they wash theirselves they dont want to fork over alittle of that money [tie]

Jon

Hey Bigboy,

Don't C em dat prudy out here. Beauty indeed.

I do notice a sales sticker on dat dar window now, you doing em for the dealer too?

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>In the morning (5:30am)I'm going to go wash 3 trailers(black one,white one and a aluminum one) for a dealer plus one truck.They all know I DO NOT like BLACK trailers and never will,they're to hard to wash this time of year not as in cleaning but as in streaking.

Morgan with you saying farmers around you there has to a (few)marketing firm(s) around that haules for the farmer as in booking to haul out his grain or what ever to market..Some of the farmers will have their own trucks to haul out of the feilds or their own grain for short distances not long hauls.The marketing firm will either own several trucks of their own or have independent owners hauling for them,,they will be your le'd in finding bussiness.
Yes most farmers do not wash their trucks maybe 2 or 3 times a year b/c they do not use them that much and alot of them as you say stay dirt dirty.If you want to wash some of these trucks do not ask to wash on a reg. shule. but instead offer to wash them once or twice a year,most will fall for that line which will lead you into washing some of their farm eqt..If you can get in with just a few farmers usually word of mouth will take over for you.
Find the marketing firms that hauls grain,fertilize,meal,ect. around you,some of them will have 10 to 20,50,90 trucks on the road.The one I wash for has 15 plus no telling how many independents moving grain for them.Alot (most) grain wagons are overloaded and they like keeping clean trucks so they can wave at the D.O.T. :D ,if you get my meaning.
At least you don't break your neck looking up washing them like you do the box vans plus looking the sun in the eye and you can use a shorter wand.
I used to wash alot of box vans(80) also and when I would get to the grainhaulers after washing those they looked like bady trailers to me :D.So when I made my mind up as to not wash everything in site I picked the badys trailers.They're harder to wash then the box van b/c of all the aluminum or polished they have on them but I love washing them b/c I think the grainhauler is a prettier rig than a box rig......sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• fishjum2.gif
    fishjum2.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 166

Scott Stone

Face it Bigboy, you just love those chicken haulers, now don't you? I sure like those pete 379's. I think that I like the W900's even more though.
Scott

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>All the hopper bottoms around here carry either Rice,soybeans,corn, or fertilizer,the ones that carry the chicken litter around here are trailer end dumps.Heck I've washed some of those too,it doesn't make me any differents what ones been hauling as long as its a good looking rig and they try to keep it clean.
I'm into more of a dress up wash then anything,I hardly ever get to see any painted rims,,I like washing any good looking rig that has alot of chrome,aluminum or polished and the hopper bottoms fit that bill just find.

95 miles from me there is a market firm that has 65 rigs on the road (plus ind.) and far(155mi.) on down there is one with 95 rigs on the road(plus ind.),all these rigs are grainhaulers no box vans.
Alot of fleetwashers over look this part of truck washing,,they are getting more and more of them b/c alot of things now are being shipped in book dry form.Keep your eye on the interstate you'll notice more than you think.Some independents will own 5 or 10 rigs themselfs.Matter fact I keep telling everybody around here I'm fixing to buy me a grainhauler and set on my @@@ in the AC and make me some easy money also :D.The drivers get paid a percentage of the load not miles they drive b/c some will deliver a load and run back empty,so the bigger load they can carry on each trip means more money for both(truck&driver),,,theirs nothing better than a good looking rig to the D.O.T interstates,no matter what state your from or what kind of rig it is he see's your trying to keep his state clean as clean as you can.

Besides I have these drivers around here thinking they can get more load on with a clean truck and they'll get better fuel mileage and run faster down the road with a clean truck b/c they want be carrying or dragging dirt around :D.

I DO NOT LIKE "PETE"S",to me they have the cheaper aluminum,,,,I like the IHC's to me they are alot prettier then the pete,they sorta look like a pete but their fuel tanks are under the doors,usually alittle longer with two steps as long as the tanks and their battery box sets behind the fuel tanks making it look longer as to the petes fuel tank under the sleeper and the battery box under the door.I wash alot alot alot of petes and to me they are the hardest of the makes of trucks to wash,,no I do not like petes either especially a yeller one

Attachments

• fishjump8.gif
    fishjump8.gif
    6 KB · Views: 150

Scott Stone

Dang Bigboy, I thought you knew what a chicken hauler was! A chicken hauler is one of those trucks that is chromed beyond belief, and has lights all over because the driver is Chicken that someone might hit him. I like the internationals, too. I was not a good truck driver, because I even liked driving them. They rode good and were pretty simple, unless you got into the wiring. The wires have numbers on them, and not colors. Plus some of the Cornbinders were pretty classic looking, especially the 9700's.
As for Petes, they are nice inside, and are what every one feels looks good, but you have to pay for that. Like I said, for looking my favorite is the KW w900 with an aero sleeper.
Jon,
You are hanging in the wrong area. There are a bunch of them that run between LALA land and the land of fruits and nuts along I-5. They usually are pulling spread axle reefer trailers ( easier to fool the scales with:D ) Every once in a while one of them gets sent over to my dry little corner of the world.

Last edited:

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>LOL no I haven't never heard them called that,I'm sure they do here too,I always called them a rolling xmas tree.Alot of them have the bumpers thats about 4 ins. off the ground,with lights on top,bottom and up both sides.
I can see a bypass out my patiodoor about two miles from the house thats going around a curve going over a railroad track and sometimes one will come around it with so many lites he looks like he's on fire,the bullwagons looks more like a ball of fire,,,,, may be 3 to 6 running together like that and sometimes when I see 3 or 4 I have to get up out of my chair and watch as far as I can.I tell my wife I'm watching some old boys that have so manys lites on you know they are in a hurry b/c they want everybody to see them and get out of their way....I can see tho where the chicken hauler comes in being called that b/c most are pretty rigs and you'd better not back or run over one b/c you cann't say you didn't see him LOL.
I only wash one kw and one older model General that pulls a highside hopper bottom,mean looking trucks all decked out.

The petes to me have no room up front,heck you can reach over stick your arm out the other window to wave at people,I think the kw's are a easier ride .

Cann't be "hopperbottoms" if called spread axle reefer.

Attachments

• bobber.gif
    bobber.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 162

Scott Stone

Those bumpers are called Texas style bumpers. I have a transfer truck9 A dump truck that pulls a trailer and transfers the box of the trailer into the truck bed to dump) that has one os those. Since the guy is basically a dirt jerker he is constantly dragging it on something. He wants it lower but his boss won't let him do it. It is a pretty truck though.
I do like to watch the chicken haulers go by. Some of them look amazing as lit up as they get.

Scott

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>Yel they blend them offen,I laughed at one the other day,The bolts that hold them on and want rust cost 8 dallors apeace,he wasn't complaining about what they cost but the washers that go with them also cost 8 dallors apeace.I think he said they where 14 bolt holes,some of these guy don't mind spending the extra bucks in qtly. stuff to go on the trucks,even pay more for a(good) wash.Some will put any kind of old bolt in the bumper and you'll see rust running from them.
Most that have the fancier rigs will walk around and around and around looking at their rig after you have washed it.Most are not looking for any spots you may miss but just looking at his ride.I like washing for this type guy now but I used to run from them b/c I didn't like washing them back when I first started.I didn't mind washing the aluminum ones they where easy but I didn't know to much about the polished or stainless steel as to what chemicals would do damage to what,all I knew back then was I had to brushem to get the tanks clean and other stuff will the whole dang truck and brushing is not one of my tickle me pink things to do.I wash a few flatbeds that have aluminum trailers,they look ok for a flatbed,I still wash a few of all of them I guess,flats,rocks,dirt,grain,tanker,tams.,only one box van :D but I specialize in grainhaulers,I know all the areas they are looking for when walking around and around their rig and they are several areas on a grainhauler that is easy missed each time you wash it.I fell in love with washing the hopperbottoms b/c of all the shinny aluminum they have under the trailer(hoppers).I didn't want to miss nothing on this type rig for some reason so I ask each driver to point out the areas I was missing,they showed me several spots that most want notices but is easy got to or done once found,,I was always asking show me,show me,now I'll ask every once in awhile and get no it looked good to me I didn't see no spots you usually don't miss no spots.Whats bad I get some that has bare aluminum,polished,chrome and stainless steel all in one rig,,would be the reason I have 6 different chemicals tanks :D........man I got to quick these long post...

Our Sponsors