Plug injector inlet?

GutterUP

Karcher HD3000- I know I shouldn't have bought it, but...."bargains" are hard to pass up! The injector inlet nozzle built into the pump is leaking pretty good when I'm running full pressure. Since I don't use this unit to apply chemical, can I just replace the nozzle with a plug? Or will that force the water to go somewhere else it shouldn't? I've only got 20 hours on the unit, just use it to rinse.

Thanks

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>I do not understand the buildt into.....If its just a injector to draw chemicals I don't see why not plug it off as long as the inlet water is not blocked in any way.

Where are you located in this great state of AR.

H

Hotwaterwizard

If it is what I think it is there is a small tank there and it keeps filling up. Right? If so you can just plug it up and no dammage will happen to your pump. That tank was made to inject a water softener into the coils to prevent scale build-up. [tie]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
The Karcher HD3000 is considered by Karcher to be a "Professional" user model, it is not a bad unit for the price, we sell it on-line at:
Karcher HD3000DH it is a nice little cold water washer powered by a 9HP Honda GX series commercial engine driving the Karcher pump, rated 3.2 GPM @ 3000 PSI.

The injector is rebuildable on most Karcher models and I assume the same for the HD3000 models, as it is an integral part of the pump.

If you e-mail me the complete model # and serial # I can get you a rebuild kit for the injector.

It sounds like it is probably under warranty though, you can probably get it repaired for free by an Authorized Karcher Warranty Repair Center.

Karcher Warranty Program

Best Wishes!

If you were in my neck of the woods , I would tell you bring it and we will fix it for you.

Check out the Karcher link above, I am sure they will help you out!

I have a customer with a cold HP Karcher that just keeps running for years, I prefer slower RPM belt driven pumps myself.

pressurewasherzone_1642_6464897

Last edited:

GutterUP

Thanks

Thanks for the reassurance - I'm going to try the plug. I'm in Russellville, Bigboy. Been enjoying your posts for a long time, now, here and there!

The warranty is expired, since I bought it during a Lowe's "Christmas 10% discount" and it was a close-out special. Ended up about $600. Didn't use it until Spring. But thanks for the offer. I'll check on the re-build kit in case I ever do want to use the injector again.

Exterior Cleaning, from GutterUP!

Our Sponsors