Residential Duct Cleaning anyone???

Beth

Hi all,
Does anyone out there do anything with residential duct cleaning? We have some general questions about it....

Beth

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Most, 99.9% of residential duct system cleaning is done with other types of equipment. Those system are part of the heating and air. We service/clean for the most part Class One type of exhaust systems that are typical to food operations. Systems found in residential home kitchens are class Two that do not require cleaning of the extent that we commonly use.

However some very upscale homes are starting to put into service full size commercial kitchens. Those units should be cleaned as per inspection or once per year, to be on the safe side. With this type of investment outlay why take a chance. Because the use volume is low, the system are easy to clean and cost is based one time-say two hours-$275 or so.

Andy Wheatley

Beth,

I have never done any duct cleaning but have a strong background in HVAC service & repair. What type of questions do you have?

Beth

Well, as we grow we are considering adding other cleaning services to what it is we do. We are thinking about both carpet cleaning and duct cleaning (residential) and need to learn about it from ground zero. I've been to D's board, there is one there for each, and thought I would post here too in the hopes that someone was doing this as well and could offer advice and suggestions about equipemnt, licenses, start up costs, etc., etc.,,,,,

We are at such a beginning point that I'm not sure yet what the questions are...(also have not finished my coffee)...

One board told me to expect $150.00 per furnace plus $15 per register. I guess no cleaning solutions are involved (never had it done, need to) and that it is a giant vacuum? Truck mounted?

Licensed how?

Beth (sleepy...time for coffee then off to the decks!!!)

Our Sponsors