Pizza hoods??

Dominic A

I have a chance to pick-up a few pizza parlors. Is there anything special to cleaning this type of system?? I have read the old posts in this network and I found a simular question. But no real thorough answers could some please help if there is a trick to doing these types of sytems. [boing] [red]

Thank You for your help.

Elite Power Washing[help]

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
As a rule pizza units are easy, however your question implies that your knowledge of exhaust cleaning is limited. In the case that you have limited knowledge, & yes they can be problematic. For example, is the unit one or two or three stories? Are the shafts vertical and Class One? Do they have floor drains? The questions can go on and on-now are they easy or hard-depends on the answers.

Several months ago we helped a PW out by showing him the dos and don't of pizza units-his first one on his own took 6 plus hours and the same job would take use 2.5 and the job would be at 100%. He told me that after 6 hours his job didn't look that good. The skill takes time to learn, even the easy ones. This person is on this bb-hope he joins in.

Good Luck

David

Detroit MI CKEC

The fisrt question I would have is if the pizza oven is a conventional or conveyor type.

Conventional ovens are always hot and because of their size and weight cannot be easily moved. On a conventional setup there is usually a tight hot space left between the top of the oven and the hood that can be deep and miserable to clean. Wastewater trickling or flowing down can enter the oven because of the difficulty constructing an effective apron and it's possible to crack the stones that clients will likely find most displeasing.

Conveyor systems have their own set of challenges too. While they are generally easier to clean because they are cooler they have what I would call a pantleg duct and (2) small hoods. Usually there is no access at the tee necessitating installation of an access panel (AP), AP installation is usually in the visible stainless that needs to be made esthetically pleasing.

Whether conventional or conveyor ovens if there is any cooking discharging any volume of grease into the system like charbrioling, frying, or grilling combined with the high hest the deposits can be particularly challenging. I have seen the systems glazed with hard deposits impervious to conventional cleaning methods employing chemical application and agitation.

Dominic A

Just learning

Yes you are right I do have limited knowledge of hood-a-vents I have just started doing them. But was unsure if pizza place's were diffrent. It is one story and does have drains and is a conveyor oven. I thank you for helping me with this question.[red]

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Just take your time and make sure all equipment is protected from water damage. Send me a Email and I will send you my land line.

David

Our Sponsors