My Two Cents - For what it's worth!

Jaime

I love this Board because you must register. Very good idea. Keeps out the riff raff. All of us know how hard it is to survive in this business because of weekenders, down time, weather, competition, etc. I like to know who I am talking to and were they are from. I am more than GLAD to help anybody out, But not if that means shooting myself in the foot. Know what I mean?
I also like the fact that these are REAL guys and gals out there busting there butts trying to make a living. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let it become a salesmans dream place. I always seem like someone (large supply companies) are trying to sell me something on the other BBS'S. I want to talk to unbias people not trying to sell me "Their wonder products that will save my life" But those REAL people who use them day in and day out. And if someone does recommend one of those "wonder products" then so be it. I will try it. That's my two cents for today. Talk to you all soon! Jaime

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Thanks Jamie,

That is exactly the direction we are heading. We do not allow advertising on the board. I feel that if you want to let someone know about a specific product or company you should do it by email.

We will in the future allow advertising to a certain extent, only to help support the cost of the board. How ever we will not allow any advertisers to be affiliated with this board if we do not have personal experience with their product or services.

I feel that way any product or service that you see on this board, everyone will have the confidence that we also back them up.

At anytime if our opinion of that company or their products changes for the worse. They will be dropped on the spot, and all of there posts throughout the board will be terminated.

We would like to keep this board directed towards educational material only. Any and all products and companies, recommend should be elite in product, knowledge and customers service.

In regards to helping others, I feel everyone should help as much as they can with out giving away the boat. We all have worked very hard to get to the point we're we are today.

So there is nothing wrong with helping out the newer guys. But it's best to let them learn a lot on there own. Trail and error is the best educator. I want to help to the point off aiding in questions, but not holding their hand.

The facts are. Competition is going to happen around you anyway, regardless if we help or not. So why not assist to the point, we're we help them at least become professional which will aid our industry. Help them understand that charging a professional price and backing it up with great quality work helps us all.

Understanding that you can't run a business on 20 bucks an hour and that includes material. Try 50 to 100. We need to pay ourselves a fare price. Pay the cost of running a profitable business. Then have money left over to reinvest into the business. So that is what this is all about.

I'm also considering have a protected board for more experience cleaners. You would gain access from activity on the board. After a predetermined amount of posts. The contractor would be rewarded with the password to that area.

There we could talk about more sensitive subjects you would not want you competitors to hear. I would allow this to happen on a first come first serve basis. Meaning that there can only be one contractor per your local area. (EXAMPLE) Joe from bla bla, who lives in IL. Posts the proper amount of posts. which gives him the right to enter the protected area. That's if, lets say their is no other company already a member of that protected board with in a 50 or 100 mile radius. If there is than he can't gain access.

Just a thought. I would really love some feed back on what I have said above, along with the protected board idea. I think that it would be in the best interests of us all, if the majority agrees on certain issue. This board is for us. Not the manufactures. So speak up
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708 715-4205

Kevin

Mr. Flynn the protected board sounds good and all but I'm not too experienced but would like to be able to discuss the sensitive subjects to learn more of the trade. I really like to pressure wash, to talk about pressure washing, and to read about it so please include me on the private board! One day I'll be able to add something that I've learned but until then I'm the one doing all the learning. Thanks!

Scott Stone

I like the idea of the protected board. There are sometimes that I want to leave a message for a David Olsen or Rick from Prowash, or yourself, and not have to deal with the people that I really don't know much about and have never heard of.

------------------
Have you ever noticed that those driving slower than you are idiots, and those going faster are maniacs?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Rob Blair

Hey Dan,

Sounds like a good idea, of course you will loose some members of this board over it and there will probable be a lot of howling over it but the way I look at it is, it's your board and you make the rules, if I want to play on your board I will have to play by your rules, if I don't want to play by your rules nobody is forcing me to be here, no sweat there buddy! Keep up the good work, I do appreciate your efforts.

By the way Scott have you also noticed that the older you are getting the slower you drive, at least that is what my boys tell me! ............Rob

Dan S

I know im on of those new guys here ..but i agree w/ you Dan about a protected board.And by the way THANK YOU for having this it's great and informative .even if you do have the "protected board" i'll still be on here learning and giving some advice. im still young in this business it's only been 5 years for me but i learned alot from trail and ERROR.and i love to learn from someone else as well. thanks again and keep looking up.........

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Thanks for the kind words Dan. I think that if we all stay active and take a few minutes of our time each day or so, and get involved on this board, It will be one heck of a resource.

The key to this board is to get a group of guys and gals from our industry who are will to give as well as profit from the information here.

I know that we all get busy. But there is always time to help. The rewards from all are efforts as a group will return ten fold and then some.

We should view this board as a big book that we all are writing. With a quick search, you can freshen up on any topic in time.

Thanks to everyone who has joined the board. I look forward to developing a strong group of good people, willing to help each other, become educated and successful business people.
smile.gif

Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro www.powerwash.net
708 715-4206

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn (edited February 23, 2000).]

Our Sponsors