Andybody Do Truckstops?

Andy's Car Wash

There is a truckstop pretty close to me and there must be at least 100 trucks parked in the back at any given time of day. Do any of you guys do this? Seem like a good idea, wash thier trucks while they are sleeping, they won't lose any time sitting at the truckwash, which there aren't any in my area.
Thanks in advance
AndysCarWash@hotmail.com

Dan S

that is always a thought but this is even a better thought to think about!!!!!!!!!!!

waste water >>> make sure you deal with it .
and not all of your soap will do the job ..> for instance unless you have a good soap every trk. is different every chrome is a lil dif. as well . what works good on one trk. may not work on the other..... but then again it may......where are you getting the h20? @ the trk. stop? you do know that even if you dont get it there; they may still charge ya some $$ for setting up on there lot.

you mention that you would wash while they were sleeping /........ thats okay i guess but what about the dude parked beside the dude you are washing and that noise is keeping him awake ..... and if it's like our trk. stop where we live they park mighty close........ hate to slam into that dude that is trying to sleep with the other end of the brush ..... thats if the "dude" that you are washing only wants a brush job......

just some thoughts to think.. even if i kinda sorta talked around circles.......

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Andy,if it seems like a good ideal to you go for it.

If it was me I'd pick a spot out in the far back corner with room to work around the truck.Don't know what kind of deal to tell you to work out with the truck stop for using the spot.May be able to work a deal with them on keeping their flatwork clean at a lower cost for the use of the spot.
Your going to run into alot of different trucks Like Dan said,I figure most will be independents trucks,most company driver will not get theirs washed there.You'll see alot of fancy rigs with chrome,polished,ect.,,if you get to wash there,you'll learn how to clean the fancy rigs which will get you alot of bussiness later on.These guys are picky so be careful on what you use to clean them,it doesn't take much to do damage to polished rigs if using the wrong kind of soap or acid.
Another thing,are you going to set there alday every day of the week,,than again you may not be setting but working.I haven't seen nobody stay at a truck to long like that b/c they couldn't make it work.....
If your wanting to wash independents,take a drive around you on weekends looking for them,there are more than you think in your area.You'll see them setting here and there and most will have a company name on them as to who they are delievering for.Most will know others in your area,just ask if they know of anybody else thats independent.

Andy's Car Wash

Thanks for all the help guys. Just a couple questions I have.
What soap(s) should I carry on me ? I have R109 and DNB1430, are these sufficiant for most trucks? I don't want to start on a truck only to find out that my soaps aren't going to cut it. Would you suggest 2 stepping it or brushing?
What my plan is that I will offer this service to the truckstop as a service that the local competition does not offer. For allowing me to use their water and use of the back lot I will offer them 5% of my earnings. I think that I would do this 3 days a wek and fill the other 2 days with some of my other contracts.
Thanks again for all the help
Andy

AndysCarWash@hotmail.com

Larry L.

<font color=blue><b>Yes,your soaps will clean most anything,I would advise not to use any of the 1430 on polished rigs or on stainless steel,If alittle to strong it will burn or put brown streaks in it.I use both of your soaps mixed together on all others and just the 109 on polished,I also mix 1433 with the 109 for polished rigs.

Yes,I would also 2 step them,HF on all but polished,PH on the polished rigs,I don't like brushing.I add 8 oz. of HF to every 5 gals. of PH before diversifying it for polished rigs.
If you work along it will make it faster to 2 step them,you really need a helper when brushing b/c it may dry on you if doing it my yourself unless your brush alittle then rinse which takes longer and more trips back to your rig.

Andy's Car Wash

So are you sying to rinse, then spray with HF, then rinse with r109 and 1430 mixed together, then rinse with h2o? I would use a sureflo to spray on the HF, then apply the soap mixture with my pressure washer. Sound good?

Dan S

apply your "hf" through your downstream>>>>>>> then apply your R........ with your shur-flo.......... (make sure you dont let the acid dry......)

also if you have another trk close by make sure you didnt get any on that trk. while you were spraying.......... if ya did rince it off before it dryes.........

get a remote control for your p/wer you will love it .... i think there is still a sponsor here that will hook you up....give 'em a call it will save you alot of time.................

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>Its best to apply the aluminum brighteners to a dry surface.
I apply mine with a downstreamer then wash with upstream soap then rinse with wax metered in the rinse water.
The only time I rinse before appling the aluminum brighteners is if they have mud and only rinse the muddy areas OR if its black in the middle of the day(hot) to cool the paint down.If you rinse before appling the Alum. brighteners it will dilute it more making it taKE more or a stronger mix b/c of the wettest of the truck or trailer.

If they are not polished yes mix the 109 and 1430 together.( I mix 3 "2lb.coffee can" of 109 and 2 gal. of the 1430 to 25 gal. of water for upstreaming ( you may have to meter,depends on the draw rate of your rig and size of chemical line,,I use 1/4 OD chemical line which is smaller then most use).You can use the 1430 on polished but at a much much much lower mix rate,it will be the one to do damage on polished if mixed to strong.

Another way,,faster way:
I don't do this offen but you can mix enought soap for the day and add your aluminum brightener to your soap mix making it a true 2 step(soap then rinse).

I had a customer tell me last week that I only brushed his trailer one time in nine years and it was the first time I washed it(I didn't realize it had been that long)..I never have brushed his truck b/c he want even brush it plus it doesn't need it.Every time I wash his rig he watches me or walks along side me talking.He has his own powerwasher(hotwater 5gpm) and cann't understand why he cann't clean his rig like I can even tho I have sold him my mix,lol (he hasn''t used his p.w. in over 8 years).He said I don't see how you can wash my truck and trailer(grainhauler) in 45 min. or less when it takes me most of the day and I still cann't get it that clean,I don't understand how you do it when I used the same mix as you.I told him one reason was he was a truckdriver not a truckwasher,lol,,,""thats what 2 stepping can do for you after you learn how to use it"".

Our Sponsors