Two Machines, One Water Tank

MILLEER

I am looking to run two (2) machines off of one 425 gallon water tank. Both power washers have 3/4" water intake lines and pump at 4 gallons per minute. If we run 3/4" lines from the water tank to each power washer, are we going to starve them for water if they are both running at the same time? Should I consider running larger water lines, such as 2", to the machines and then reduce to 3/4" as close to the machines as possible?

Any help or suggestions you can make are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Milleer,

I think you are right on track!

I suggest you run a 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe
or for a more industrial look run schedule 80
pvc to the machines and then a tee fitting
bushed to your 3/4" water hose, on each side
of the tee. Keep the 3/4" hose run as short as
possible.

Should work fine!

[hand]

Last edited:

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>What would be wrong with a 2" T at the supply tank and reduce down to a 3/4 to each pump.May be cheaper,may be easier to route,,,if you go with a 2" T from the tank to the pumps your going to have to have a waterfilter in that 2" line or right at your pumps in the 3/4.

Steven Rowlett

Milleer, I recommend installing an inline pump in the 3/4 line before the pump on each machine. That way you will be feeding the pressure washers instead of them sucking the water. Home Depot sells Flojet pumps and I recommend installing a check valve between the pump and pressure washer.
Steven Rowlett
ROWLETT PRESSURE
CLEANING SERVICE

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Bib Boy,

The 2" tee at tank would probably be fine, with the two individual 3/4" supply lines running to each washer. I just feel the 2" line from tank to the washers and then down to 3/4" with filter would be better.

Either would work!

:)

H

Hotwaterwizard

1 1/2 inch Schedual 80 pipe is what I recommend. Then split it in to 2 lines. Sched 80 will last longer and be more rugged. The flow rating for 1 1/2 pipe is 20gpm and you will not even come close to that.

rllipham

Water Line Sizing and Layout

A 2" line for this application is an overkill. Actually a 1" line would do for short runs but just to be safe use a 1-1/4 or 1-1/2" Sch40 PVC. If there is vibration possible I would use a short piece of hose from the tank valve and short hoses to the washers. Also you should have a method to disconnect your equipment. Unions on simple hose connections.

Also you might want to add a "full ported" ball valve at the washers. This way you can isolate the washers so there is a way to remove one and still use the second.

BTW All your ball valves should be full ported.

Hope this helps

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>I guess its the heat but I cann't understand why he thinks he's going to starve each pump by running two 3/4" lines from the supply tank to each 4 gpm pumps.

Attachments

• faces_031.gif
    faces_031.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 218

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Big Boy is right! I guess we can blame it on the heat!

Two 4 GPM machines 2 3/4" supply lines from tank should handle this no problem. Personally I would set up the 2" sch 80 pvc with a tee feeding 2 3/4" lines to the machines. Overkill? You bet, I like it that way!

Actually there is nothing wrong with the 2 3/4" lines from tank to machine, just a matter of personal preference.[wsmile]

MILLEER

Thanks for all the responses. We went with the 2" lines up to the machines then reduced appropriately at the machine. Sounds like overkill to me, but better safe than sorry. Also, I only had about $25 wrapped up in the whole thing.

Thanks again for the responses.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Eric,
Lots of different opinions here, but that is a nice thing about this B.B.
You ask a question and you will get different ideas.

Glad you got things squared away!
:D

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Eric,
Lots of different opinions here, but that is a nice thing about this B.B.
You ask a question and you will get different ideas.

Glad you got things squared away!
:D

Larry L.

<b><font color=green>I agree with Mark,alot of different ideals,LIKE.

I do not like PVC pipe no where in my plumbing,I like the clear hy. duty plastic tubing for that part of the riging.

Also I like the vinyl tubing with polypropylene fittings for my chemical lines,no hose clamps in that part of my rigging"no air leaks":no hose clamps to tighten or break or rust off"

alot of different ideals;;;;;;;sheeeeeeeeeeee I fixen to hook to the boat.........to hot to do anything else 114 sunday,today 107...be a great day for just kick back fishing tho.

Attachments

• stoned_e0.gif
    stoned_e0.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 91

MILLEER

Sounds like you have the right idea BigBoy. It's not that hot here, but with the Heat Index (temperature + humidity) is usually pushing 100 or better. Hope you hook a nice one.

Fleet Washer

The way we run multiple machine from one tank is to install two 3/4" bulkhead fittings on the opposite ends of the tank.

Fleet Washer

Last edited:

Our Sponsors