Hi bigboy

ron

BIGBOY this dos'nt sound too good but could you go
into detail about 'FLASHING' the acid? lol
i use the dual lance
Also for polished what mix ratio do you use [acid to water in say a 5 gal mix]?
you use 8 oz. hf to 5 gal ph then mix that to how much water
i know you use small injector hose but i need a starting point
[i know start low and build up.] when in doudt think it out.
I hav'nt been freash water fishin in a dogs age but im looking forward to going
steelhead fishin this fall in upstate new york[i like to fish the streams]
If you ever get over to the jersey shore ill take you down to the beach and show you what
a fight is like with a stripped bass. Got a 30 pounder last year. No time this year trying to run 2 buss. at once.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>Flashing is really simple to do with the dual lance.

I never turn my acid valve off it stays on while doing any job(just in case it needs a extra squrit.)ha.

Will lets see you already know how the downstreamer works so hummmm.

Lets say you have already applied aluminum brightener to the work area and the mix is just right for cleaning but not strong enough to clean a little dirtier tank or rims on some trucks which will need more aluminum brightener to clean them.

Hmmm the easiest way to learn is when washing if you need more just drop psi all the way off and right back up to full psi as fast as you can.This will let your downstreamer work for just a sec which will let a little alum.B. in the psi hose and its coming so get really to flash the tank,rims or whatever.It will depend on how long your psi hose is as to how long it will take it to get to the working end of your lance plus it will depend on how strong your mix is and how much alum.b. you have injected into the psi hose as to how fast or slow to flash whatever.You'll start your flashing as soon as the alum.B starts coming out of your psi hose,as your appling to the whatever keep it moving over the area never letting the alum.B. set still as in dwell,just keep appling what you have injected in the psi hose to that area more so on the worse spots...Dwell will depend on how strong a mix,how much you have injected in your hose or if useing hot or cold water.After you learn how much your injecting in the hose and how long it takes it to get to the working end no time will be wasted as standing and waiting for it.I flash 90% of the tanks and rims on the trucks I wash,to me it part of it,,just alittle more dressup.

All my acids are mixed one to one but will advise you to maybe start with 1 to 5 though the downstreamer.
I do NOT want you to do NO damage to polished so take this next mix rate as a NO NO on polished.I do add 8oz. of HF to every 5gal. of PH. before diluting.

Seen a fishing show last night and they where catching steels that wt.ed 60 and 70 lbs..Don't remember the name of the river but no other river grows them bigger.....only line breakers around here are carps lol or it tast a little wood-e.</b></f>

ron

do i have this figured out right?

Thanks BIGBOY im going to order a custom 65 ft hose. The 50 is too short and a 100 takes too long to get the chem. I have to move all the trucks i wash[very time consuming and i get sand all over the floors of the cabs] i work in a dirt yard. If the wind is blowing the wrong way the dirt sticks to the water before it dries.
How the heck do you get diesle and asphalt tar off a tailgate that is polished alum.
The polish was factory but is now dingy and streaked,glove prints from spraying diesel in the bodys. The customer is not complaining but I want them to look better without turning them white.
So let me get this straight you have HF dulited on the down streamer and the red soap with the liquid red in the upstreamer, then you switch to the wax in the upstreamer to rinse[hot] then shut off the upstreamer to cold rinse. Or am i doing something wrong? This is for painted and non-polished alum.
For polished the same but PH acid? And no red liquid in the red soap. But add some touchless liquid to the red soap.
Ive seen a pic of your work and read every post on the 2 boards that i know of.
Thanks again for all your help. Im trying to get my quality up and my time down.
Swinging a tire hammer all day and washing till dark is going to make me old way beond my days.
You should make [or at least direct] a vidio on fleet washing and get sponsers to pay for it for useing there products in it.
Then you could get good at making them and just do fishing ones:D :D

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>yes,no,yes,no,lol,you have everything right BUT:

95% to 97% of my wax goes on cold,hot only ifen I want to show off alittle.Know the type dirt yard your talking about,thats where you do not want your wax to bead up alot but more of a sheeting,if your useing the W-200 it will sheet more so if you mix it weaker.Try mixing 2 oz to 5 gal and cold rinse twice that way without turning the wax off on the second go around,should not need a third rinse.Just b/c it doesn't bead up does not mean there is no wax on the surface,you should see little streams of water running off or sheeting off in areas,not all over.The stronger you mix it the more beads you will get which will take more rinseing to get the soap out of the bead and dust will stick to the beads.I have mine mixed 8 oz to 5 gal.,applied cold in the first rinse,then a secoud rinse without the wax on all trucks.If appling hot to truck I turn the valve half way on.When applied hot with the 8 oz it will bead alot alot alot more but will take an extra rinse or two also.PLUS I DO NOT TURN MY WAX VALVE ALL THE WAY ON,just so so 1/4 turn,1/2 turn.3/4 turn as in metering,depends if cold or hot as the amount I turn the valve which is a pvc on and off valve.I turn the valve 1/4 turn on all the trailers and do not have to rinse after appling..Wax is one of the hardest chemicals to ajust then any of them,not many people can apply it right as the reason they do not use.If appling to a whatever and you see its not strong enough do not reapply to that truck to ajust your mix,ajust it on the next truck or the next but never reapply trying to ajust the amount on the same truck(want work and it takes longer to ajust the amount).

Polished:
O K this is where the flashing will help you get that tail gate looking good,all tho its polished you can flash it with the HF as long as you keep it moving over the area and not appling a great amount at a time,,on and off.If I have it pictured right it will take maybe 4 or more flashs to get that tailgate clean.Then again it could be a type that cann't take alot of flashing on the first go around,if it is,do not flash nomore then 2 or 3 trys.Do it again the next time you wash it,what your doing is letting the metal calm down.If Diamond plate make sure you keep it moving or it will put streaks where it runs down the diamond,on diamond plate flash it and keep going from bottom up bottom up as to not let it run straight down,not a place for the hot flash.Please DO NOT use my mix rate but just for a thinking point b/c all rigs are not equal in they're draw rates as in different ways of plumbing.Tar I use the R-103LX,its a chemical you mix with diesel or some use WD40 but think the other is more saver as in not doing harm as the WD40 will to paint and other finishes.
Never use dish or laundry soaps on a painted surface,it strips the wax off plus dries out the oil in the paints,it gives it a dull look after it dries if not rewaxed.Wash one arm in the dish & laundry soaps and wash the other in reg. bath soap to get my meaning.

O after you learn the flashing it will work also on hardwater stains on brick,wood,ect. as in hot flashing the stain.

Another thing ron is don't get upset b/c things don't clean as you would like for them to or feel bad b/c it doesn't come clean,it takes time to learn to clean as it did to swing the tire hammer.Anybody that learns how to clean trucks on dirt as my blessing b/c when they get on dry gravel,chat,,or just dry they can fly around a truck,,thats one area thats costing you time now b/c of the dirt or mud.Tell them if they don't want dirt in the floor to bring in 3 or 4 loads of chat,heck they have the dumps wouldn't cost them that much.

Last edited:

Dan S

ya gots some great info there big boyyyyyyyyy .......

thanks for your time that you put into this bb helping us out......

ron

thanks

Thanks BIGBOY :) Anything i could could ever help you out with just ask.
Any idea what this new machine from the enviro people are talking about?
5.8 gpm 250 deg heat super skid for $3700 20hp sounds like a dream machine for flatwork and surface cleaners.

Our Sponsors