hey big boy this is a big question fer ya....

Dan S

BIGGGGGGGGBOYYYYYYYY>>>>>>>
what is the best product to use to fix those fuel tanks that has had HF on them and turned 'em white.. i would like to find a spry to use i really dont want to RUBBBB if ya know what i mean. is there anything out here that will make 'em go back to the orig. color???? without RUBBINGGGG? THEY are not completly white but they dont shine either......

Attachments

• eyes1.gif
    eyes1.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 187

Scott Stone

I ain't no Bigboy, but, I have the answer. The tanks are actually etched, so if you don't want to hand rub it, you will need to buy a buffer and go after it. there isno magic bullet for this one.
Scott

Scott Stone

I don't. I used to keep Hf on my truck until I saw a couple of employees playing games with it. ONe was holding the wand of the pump up sprayer to his mouth, and the other was getting ready to squeeze the trigger. (true Story) Since that time I have banned it from my trucks. I do have to admit though that most of my accounts have polished tanks, so Acid is not a big worry to me. The accounts that are not polished have a ban on using acid on them for safety and environmental reasons.

Dan S

holy cow Scott what kind of employees do ya got there man?????

never mind you are from ARIZONA........

Scott Stone

One was a college student and the other was a high school drop out.
The College student was a religious history major. I asked him what kind of job he hoped to get after he was out of school. His response, " gee, I hope McDonalds will hire me."

If I remember right it was not even hot that day., so they could not even blame the heat.

ron

hey scott

Hi Scott, if your not useing any acids what do you use to keep the polished looking new? ive got brown streaks, no shine, ect...

Scott Stone

I fpolished is a concern, we brush it, or hit it with a mitt. We also don't let the soap dry on the aluminum , that will definitely cause brown streaks. It makes it really interesting when it is 108 or 109 outside and everything dries nearly instantly. You can also do a post wash wipe down of all polished.

Just some options that w use.

Scott

Our Sponsors