Pressure problems

aquapro

I experienced a problem the other night where my pump ran at 3000 PSI for a while then dropped to around 2000 PSI. If I turned the machine off and then turned it back on in a few minutes, the pressure would read 3000PSI again. Can anyone explain this. The complete unit has <100 hours on it.

Regards

John moller II

H

Hotwaterwizard

Sounds like air in the system. When you shut down the machine for the day the water will drain out of the system all by it's self. air will get in there and when you use the machine the water will force the air out of the system making the pressure drop for a little while.

The other cause could be a high limit pop off valve set too low that resets it's self when the machine is turned off then on again.

[tie]

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
John,

There are several different things that could give you these symptoms!

The first that comes to mind for me after hearing / reading your description of the symptoms, is an unloader problem. Some times an unloader valve will malfunction / stick, causing partial bypass when trigger is pulled, (it usually resets when you shut unit off and then start unit up with trigger open, but the problem comes back as soon as you release the trigger and then pull it again!

Next time this happens while gun is open pinch off the bypass line with a pair of pliers, if the pressure increases you have an unloader problem. ( This will obstruct bypass forcing water to go elsewhere such as your trigger gun.

100 hours on unit (not many) can you get assistance from the distributor/ or whomever you bought machine from?

If you need my advice you may call me in the morning between 8:30 - 11:30 AM PDT.

Our Sponsors