Unloader Help

Harold Brantley

When my K7.1 unloader starts to go bad, it is slow in switching from bypass to normal spray. As it gets worse it stays in bypass. This happens after the unloader is 4 to 6 months old. I keep 3 or 4 new unloaders that I get for about $45.00 each, but hate to keep putting new ones on. I think the part that goes bad is the smaller spring in the larger part of the unloader. When I compare a new spring to an old spring it is 1/4" longer, so I have tried stretching the spring. This works for a few weeks then beging acting up again. They sell a rebuild kit for more than I pay for the whole unloader. Can I by just the spring from someone? Who? Thanks for the help.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Harold,

I could have sworn I sent you an e-mail regarding price and availability, you caught me at home on Friday night. I will look in to this on Monday. You can call me toll free if you like.

:)

Harold Brantley

Mark, good to talk to you yesterday by phone. This evening I did as you suggested and took a new spring from a new unloader and put it in an unloader that is starting to go bad (slow in switching from bypass to spray). I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know. If the new spring does correct the problem, I want a dozen springs. At about $2.00 / spring it sure will be a low cost way to extend the life of a K7 unloader.

Thanks again.

Harold Brantley

Mark, the new K7 spring worked great in the old K7 unloader on three jobs in a row. I'll call you tomorrow to order a dozen new springs.

Thanks for the help.

Our Sponsors