ts 2021 another pump question....

Dan S

ok here it is my son thought he would "fix" the pump so he took off the head and we put on new valves and as far as the rest of the packing it looked good so since we had it apart anyways we decided to do it all ... well we couldnt get the packing out we had to "hammer" on those brass seals one is messed up . we only put 2 new packings in the other one we didnt take off because it was flush with the pump and we didnt want to mess that one up as well ...

i had to leave and he put the head back on >> well he hammered it on and when he got close enough to put the bolts on he tighten it up the rest of the way.. breaking one of the bolts in the pump....... of course it didnt start b/c of the bind on the pump...

now what do i do? why would the pump be so tight to get on can we leave the bolt broke off in the pump? and use "blue glue"...
where can i buy those brass seals? and what is the best way to put this back to work?

he will never put a head on again without me around . but i guess we all learned from this...........

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Sounds pretty scarey!

I would drill the bolt out of the pump case, using a left hand drill bit,
or drill it indersized and use an easy out.

I would then check the plungers for cracks, and inspect the head of
the pump. If the head itself is not damaged, the next step I would recomend is replace the complete packing assemblies (Interpump Kit #28 3 required per pump) this contains the brass packing retainers, packings etc. items #43,44,44, 45,46, and 47.

Click here for TS 2021 pump breakdown

Feel free to call me today between now and 4:00 PM,

Last edited:

Our Sponsors