Palm Pilot

Clean County

Does anyone use a Palm Pilot for there scheduling etc.?

I use a date book to keep track of my appts etc. AS far as technology goes I'm a pretty slow learner and I don't know if I will ever get to the point of having my scheduling done anyother way.
[spaz]

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
I use a Handsring Visor, they use the same OS as Palm. The reason I chose the handspring are you can easily change the module, color, rechargeable-easy to use. You can use it to set appointments, however I use it to keep track of names, phone numbers, estimation appointments, things to do. My service and job scheduling, I use Easy Route.

David

Mike Hughes

I use a Pocket PC........basically Microsoft's version of a Palm. I have a Casio Cassiopeia E-115........love it.........color display, syncronizes with MS Outlook.

Currently, I am not using it anywhere near its potential.........oh well.

Mike

P Austin

I just bought a visor for my wife for her birthday, and a keyboard for the thing for her/our anniversary. I have found that it is so easy to use and keak track of things (jobs, quotes, names, etc.) that I plan to get one for business purposes. I have found many free and/or cheap programs on the internet for the mchine. I think there is something for every situation.

This thing I like about the visor (Platinum) is the speed. I think it is a "33" and most other palms are only 16 speed. Though it probably wont make much difference in the long run.

Another great feature that I like is the built in expence tracker. This will be great for keaping track of business, personnal, customer, or perhaps (under the table costs) If that ever happens???? :)'

I would like to hear of any good programs for the palm platform pertaining to business.

Paul Austin
KNP Wash It
designe2001@yahoo.com

Aplus

The palm pilots are in fact cool. But, like most "cool" things, they tend to end up costing several hundred $ for things that really don't take much time anyway. By the time you key in the data, you could just have well did it the old fashioned way. Now, if you link it with a GPS system.....now that would be way too cool!

No more digging thru city maps, driving around trying to find an out-of-the-way customer. Ain't that the way it always happens?

P Austin

Good point about the cost and time factor. When it comes to a GPS, you are most correct. Infact, the Visor is gps ready. I am not sure what the cost is; however, I think it would be a bit less than buying a comperable stand alone GPS.

Paul Austin
KNP Wash It
designe2001@yahoo.com

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
The reason I like the Palm OS is that I can download info. into my PC. This way I can edit, keep list and names and key dates without paper.

Nice toy tool that makes my life just a little better-not much but some.

David

Craig Knight

I am with Mike, the pocket pc is the only way to go. Lots of purchasable and free downloadable software. Windows based and synchronizes nicely with big computer. Removable memory cards. Internet capable, browser to run around the net like at home and all from inside your truck.

We use ours to run credit cards, scheduling, contacts. They are great, yeah they are high, but i used mine for almost 2 years when i dropped it and shattered the screen, had the 3 year warranty at Best Buy, so i took it back and said........................

"It Broke." Gave them my receipt, and they told me to go get another one. Came home, plugged it into big computer and bam, i was back in business.....Nothing lost except what i had done that day.

I use the HP Jornada Pocket PC. Same as Mikes, just different brand.

Attachments

• pocketpc.jpg
    pocketpc.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 52

Our Sponsors