Time adjustment

Jon

Just noticed that the time shown as logged in is not correct again.

Mine should be PST but I had been using Alaska time to get correct time, noticed it was off by 2 hours so went in and found one that gave me correct time.

Anyone know why this program messes with the time clock here?

Check your time logged on against the time it is where you live and see if it is the same or off too.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Mines off too. I think they reset the server we're on now and then. This is the 3rd time mine got off track. About 2 hrs

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hey Jon,

I didn't fix my clock this time. I noticed a few days ago it was right again. Then a day or so off by 2 hours again. That tells me it's the server. I will look into that today.

Aplus

The server this application runs on has it's own clock. It cannot change the time on your workstation. If the time on your workstation is changing, then perhaps the battery on your motherboard is failing. If it's just that the postings have the wrong timestamp, well, there's nothing you can do about it. One other possible thing is this....sometimes, companies that provide hosting services, will juggle their applications around to different servers at completely different sites. This could be for load balancing, or to facilitate some anticipated downtime. If it involves changes in timezones, that could be the reason.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Tony your right. The server I am on is one they are having problems with. They also have a few big sites and a few site that are abusing the server. They are always moving or resetting it. I just leave my time alone. It has been off 2 hours for a a few days and then it goes back to normal. I am going to be moving to a new server within a day or so. My hosting company offered to do it for me.

Our Sponsors