Washing new cars

Robert

I have been washing cars for a dealership for the past three months. I believe that I am spending to mush time completing this job. Right now I am washing 150 vehicles taking about 6 hours to to complete the job. When I took on this job the dealer wanted the dust & bird droppings rinsed off with no soap and then towel dried. I find that rinsing does not remove the road scum and dirt build up, so I have recommended that I use soap and hot water and then let air dry. I am looking for a better solution to this problem. I am currently charging $1.25 per vehicle and find that this is definately unbidding of a job. I would like to know if someone has anyother solutions to this problem and a fair bid for the job.

Scott Stone

Unless you are willing to do employees you will not make money doing this. We wash about 150 police cars every week. It takes us with set up and tear down about 2.5 hours. This includes Hand washing them, rinsing them with DI water and a quick vacuum of the inside. For this we are getting $3.20 and making money on it, although not a lot. If these cars are new there should be no road grime on them, and should be just a blow and go type job. You do have to spend a couple of seconds longer to make sure that the car is rinsed well. As a one man show I would figure that this would take me about 3 hours to do.

------------------
I installed a skylight last night. My upstairs neighbors are really mad

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

blazingpw

Washing personal cars?

I am starting my business in the pressure washing field and was wondering if someone could help with some things. I have a 13hp, 4gpm, 3700psi cold pressure washer with a 250gal tank. I have in the past washed peoples cars. I have a bout 30 or 40 customers. In teh past i went and picked the cars up and took them to my house where i washed and detailed teh cars. i charged between 30 and 40 depending on what they wanted done. I'm asking if my prices should changing any since i have gone mobile or should they remain teh same? Also is there any chemicals that can be used to speed up the process when washing two or three cars at one place? Is there anything i need to do with the run off water or just let it go down the storm drain? Also any ideas on getting some more business? I thought of going to doctor offices, banks, any business and asking if anyone was interested. Thanks for the help!

blazingpw

also can anyone tell me how to post my on thread. so i can get some feed back on some questions instead of posting a reply. thanks!

squirtgun

blazingpw said:
also can anyone tell me how to post my on thread. so i can get some feed back on some questions instead of posting a reply. thanks!

Click on the desired topic. Example "Pressure washing"
When the list of recent topics pulls up,you should see "New Thread" in the upper left hand corner above the list.
Click "New Thread" and start typing your questions.
When you are done click on "submit".

Our Sponsors