Whats it worth

Glenn Clark

I found a 35000psi/4gpm hot/cold diesel fired 13HP Honda AR pump unit sitting in the back of a local floor scrubber/buffer dealers shop...the shop foreman tells me the machine was a special order then they had to repo it and has been sitting for 11(yes 11) years in their warehouse...

The shop foreman tells me the 'management' has been pressuring them to liquidate it (my advantage).

The unit looks to be in excellent shape, no rust, no oil draining from it, the tires still have air in them except one, etc.

I didn't see any hoses/wands/tips or anything, I am sure they probably walked off over the years.

They are supposed to be getting me a price tomorrow (7th).

I would like to test the machine before I purchase it (if the price is right)...So Whats it worth?

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Clark,

I am assuming this is a 13 HP Honda with a direct drive AR pump.

I would offer them $500 to $1000 for it providing it runs alright!

11 year old machine might be a steal might be a can of worms.
What brand is the machine?

Remember there is no warranty on it anymore.

So used machine over 10 years old? no warranty, no hose gun, wand.. $500 to $1000 tops!

Feel free to call me with the details if you want to discuss this before you decide.

(I edited this post when I realized we were talking about a hot hp washer and not just a cold hp washer)

Last edited:

Aplus

If you can get a hot water rig for $500, and it works, it's got to be at least worth seriously looking at.

Like Mark pointed out, a cold water rig is $1099, so a working hot water rig has to be worth $500.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<b><font color=green>The way your talking Glenn it may be worth alittle more than the 500.Its like some old car if its been took care of it worth more,if it hasn't many miles on it,its worth more,if the motor starts and sounds good as to if the burner fires and works good its worth more,if its been out of the weather same thing worth more.Hours tells alot not the way it looks,it could have belong to someone that took care of his eqt..Like some of use have learnd to keep them new looking for several years but not before we paid our dues.What if its set there and froze alittle,not enough to show now but later,if it hasn't had water in the head for 11 yrs.,you could find trouble there.....if if if if if if it was me I'd make mine mind up after I seen it fire up and run for 30 mins. or so to make sure the burner was going to work ok before I handed them anything,,it could burn the other tire off if not working right,lol...good luck with your better judgement as to buying anything used.</b></f>

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
I edited my above post when I realized we were talking about a hot hp washer and not just a cold hp washer!
:D

Our Sponsors