Marketing in the fall how do you change your message?

Beth

How do you present your ads, flyers etc. in the fall as compared to the spring or summer? Is there anything you do differently? Let's talk about the different messages that get consumers to call you during the different seasons...

For example:

Spring is here, it's time to clean the deck

Is your deck ready for summer parties?

There's still time to protect you deck before the weather changes

Beth

Aplus

Beth,

It is often difficult to sell outdoor residential cleaning services here in Michigan at this time of year. It;s hard to sell a homeowner that he needs his house washed, or his deck cleaned right now, before winter.

Being a part-timer, I don't market during fall/winter, other than my yellow pages ad.

But I am interested in hearing what other folks are doing!

Glenn Clark

Here on the gulf coast, we don't get much of a winter but the cleaning still falls off...Now that I am doing this full time I am trying to get some commercial work but I hope I can still get some residential over the winter months.

I am working on a brochure aimed at the residential market, it will have a picture of me, my wife and possibly my little boy. It will have a picture of my truck and trailer in the background.
My goal is for the 'potential' customer to be able to put a face(or faces) with the person they will be speaking with over the phone and be able to recognize me when I pull in their driveway.

Another thing I think it will do is when they see me out & about with my rig, it will give them a feeling of familiarity and they can say:
'Hey, there's the guy that sent us/me that brochure in the mail...Lets ride by a little later and check out his work.'

Our Sponsors