looking for biz softwear

mtdave2

howdy,

i have been looking for a program that will generate bids, do the basic money book keeping, tax stuff, and a customer data bace.
i didnt think it would be hard, there are lots of businesses out there that are service baced and could use the same stuff! thanks for any input

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
Look at Easy Route who is a sponsor of this bb. For bid work I use my temps made in Word. Quicken for payable along with an accountant.

I have used many programs and I have settled with this, and I am sure that others will have other opinions based on other points and issues , this is just mine.

David

Beth

Take a look at Quickbooks Pro 2001. It should do everything you want to do. I believe evaluation copies are available for download.

Beth
:cool:

mtdave2

well i am using word right now for bids. and there has to be something better. this is getting silly! some place there has to be a simple program for this. every one i talk to is using word and just typing up a bid. im wanting a program where you just fill in the new info and hit print! lol.. i think that a professinal looking bid is important.

David Saulque

What makes you think that a bid that is written in word is not professional? I have a set layout that works well with 5 plus templates and I change customer name and so on and it looks great.

David

P Austin

You can set up word to have a standard layout, then set to only change what you want (such as a name or price). I am not sure how to do this exactly in word, but I use excell, and it is very easy. I have written a few programs in excell.. they are used to select combinations of exuipment for quoting, but can be easly created for other uses. one easy way to do this is creat a template, and lock all fields (right click on all fields, and click properties, then protection, then lock) except the field that you want changed. then click on tool, then protection, then protect document. e-mail me for more info if interested.

Paul Austin
KNP Wash IT
designe2001@yahoo.com

Greg Rentschler

We have been using quickbooks pro for several years with good results. The software has everything you need for this business but takes some time to get used to. Prepare to do alot of reading.

mtdave2

i have been looking at quick books. it does seam to have everything i am wanting. why did you go with the pro version??

Beth

Hi!
Here's a link to their site. There used to be a comparison chart, but I can't seem to find it. There are a couple of pages which will tell you what each version does, so you can get the general idea.

http://www.quickbooks.com/quickbooks/2001/

If you are just starting out, Quick Books might be fine in year one. But as you grow, some of the features in Pro will come in handy.

Hope the link helps.
:)

Beth

David Saulque

i have been looking for a program that will generate bids, do the basic money book keeping, tax stuff, and a customer data bace.
i didnt think it would be hard, there are lots of businesses out there that are service baced and could use the same stuff! thanks for any input.

With this POST in mind have you looked at Easy Route? Take some time and look at this program. It will do everything you ask without the ramp up time. Just take the time.

Plus he is a sponsor for this site.

David

Our Sponsors