Chamber of Commerce

Randy

Does anyone have a opinion on the local chamber of commerces? good or not worth it? any stories about dealing with them or being a member? just wondering.

------------------
Randy Futch
Taylan Property Maintenance Inc.
(352)489-8909

A

AUSTIN'S AQUA-CLEAN

just my opion ,,, we did join the chamber of commerce for a few reasons 1: it looks good to be a member 2:there are a lot of people that call there chamber of commerce to see who does what and who they recomend,if your a member they will give them your name and number. it doesnt cost that much to be a member,it was money well spent in my book

scott

Jon

I joined so I could network and meet business owners.

I am the only pressure washer they ever had join and I feel it is worth the time to join and attend a couple monthly meetings.

You meet many people in many types of businesses and I know in time it will pay off.

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Laurie Grathen

<br><b>Premium Member<b><br>
We belong to two chambers in our area and think it's very well worth it. Some of these are repeats of the other posts, but here's why:

1. You get on their list and they will recommend you if anyone calls. Usually they have web sites with their members names listed. Sometimes they even will sponsor web hosting for a very small fee so if you don't have a web presence, and want a small one, you can get it cheap, cheap, cheap.

2. Makes you seem very professional to belong to the Chamber.

3. Offers opportunity to network with the business community at monthly socials.

4. Gets your name into newsletters and other publications offered free to the public and the business community.

5. Their publications to members keep you abreast of business and community news that you can USE in your marketing efforts. Businesses moving, new busincess coming to town, residential and community development projects, etc.

6. Gives you the opportunity to volunteer for some community service projects that usually lead to very good publicity. If your primary market is residential, publicity for community service projects is an excellent way to gain a reputation as an honest, caring service business.

7. Chambers often sponsor the local home and garden shows so gives you the opportunity to have a presence at those at a discounted rate.

8. Allows you to get to know other businesses that may be complementary to yours to form "strategic alliances." Painters who need power washing done, awning companies who install and could recommend you to the customer for maintenance, etc.

9. Networking, networking, networking. I know I've said this before above, but it's important enough to include twice. Don't join a chamber and not take advantage of its networking opportunities like breakfast or lunch meetings or early evening chamber socials. That's were most of our commercial business came from.

Oops...didn't mean to be so long winded. I have an assignment to write an article for Cleaner Times later this year on a very similar subject so have been giving it some thought.

G

Glenn

Hey,
Just thought I would pull this one back out of the archives. My local chamber contacted me about an estimate for cleaning their building and restoring their decks. It appears they don't have a PW member. I got the call because the office manager is the wife of someone I know. I plan to use the proceeds of my next job to pay for my membership, wether or not I get the job. Had alot of sales this month, but have been buying equipment like nobody's business.
Glenn
tongue.gif

Randy

Hey Glen i ended up trading my services for a year membership. most chambers are run on small budgets and they will readily exchange work for dues, i have recieved a considerable amount of work from them so far. it was well worth the time i spent doing the work. if you figure out the hourly rate i lost on the deal but i am making up for that every week.treat them right and they will treat you better!!!

------------------
Randy Futch
Taylan Property Maintenance Inc.
(352)489-8909

H

hotwaterwisard

You might also think about registering with the Better Business Bureau also.

Our Sponsors