Heavy equipment time?

Andy's Car Wash

How lng does it take you guys to do heavy equipment. Dump trucks, gravel trucks and trailers, cement trucks, and so on? How about some prices? Does everyone 2 step. I have a 4000 @ 4 GPM cold water. Any help is much appriciated.
Thanks
AndysCarWash@hotmail.com

Dan S

when you talk "heavy equipment" .......... the first thing that always goes thru my mind is greese.....you are going to need a hot water machine to do this .... sure you can do it with cold but it is going to take you much longer.... and that answer's your question on how long.....

doing eq. you always have greese and you spray it to one side and then another..........and it will take much longer with cold b/c you are not "melting" the greese at all ....

if you invest in a hot water machine you will save in chems. and save time doing it..........
if you are only going to do the cabs of these then you can get by ... but chances are that when you tell your customer that you will clean there trk. they think they you are going to clean everything .FRAME>>UNDERBODY>. etc.

unless you tell 'em up front that cab only...

ya know those hot p/wer's arent that expensive see our sponser Mark he can give ya a honest price.......

this when i only use cold h2o

Attachments

• easy-clean-1.jpg
    easy-clean-1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 169

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
gosh you could wright a book with that Q'tion,hehe......Shorty I blow mine grease plum over the other side sews I can step in it as I blows it back over to the other side where my trucks setting.
Got a call Monday night,,,I washed two rockhaulers that just came out of the pits,they had been in there for 21 days,greasey,muddy and bug-e.My normal price for "cabover" trailer rock hauler if washed weeky or every two weeks is 45,,55 for longnose cab.I have never washed for this guy before but he offered 100 for each if I would wash them the next day,,sure be there first thing.I only charged him 65 for each as to show you,you need to set you a working by hour price as to not over charge or under charge,,,,,,,everybodys working by hour price is not the same,it depends on what you need to keep everything running and up to date.

Dave Olson

Hi Andy.

tps-gobtrk.jpg

The hauler pictured takes one man about 3 hours to clean. We also do the engine compartment We pre-treat oily areas with degreaser then pre-wash the whole unit apply detergent and rinse.

Hot water (200F) or so, 3000 psi @ 4-5 gpm, rotary tip for the pre-wash 65 degree for the rinse. We send a 3 man crew to this account every 4 weeks. We run 2 wands all of the time we are on site. We charge time and material.

Dave Olson

Dave Olson

What I call pre-treating is applying a stong degreaser (pump up sprayer) to the oily spots before any water hits the unit. Pre-wash removes the heavy dirt (in this case coal) so you get down to the surface of the machine. Then we apply our detergent (hose-end sprayer) and rinse.

Dave Olson

Our Sponsors