high pressure hose

D.Martin

Bigboy,

A quick question about hoses and the protectors that slide over the connection of each section of hose. Does the red protector ever give you trouble when you whined up the hose on the reel. I have cox reels so you may understand what i am saying here. Could i just cut those off of there. Is it really all that important to have the protectors on the hose. Thanks

Damon Martin

ron

If you bend the hose to tight to where the crimp is, the metal crimp will cut threw the jacket and lead to a much quicker failure. When its layed out flat the covers dont really do anything to help,its mostly for protection when rolled
ps. you might get more responses if you put this question under''equipment help'' or genral power washing.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
It depends on what the hose is connected to as to its need.Ron is right about the metal jacket cutting though the hose if worked back and forth to far each way or one way.If run from the wand and you don't pull your hose with the wand and do not work in tight places as to blend the hose in short blends you can get by without them.I like useing one at the wand only,all the others I think a guy can do without.

ron

Hi bigboy, i use a 3 ft jumper hose from the wand to the hose with quick con. and hav not had to change a single o ring in 2 months[part time]. Try it it works.[no jackets on the jumper line] i also carry a foam sanding block to get the rust off the fittings. Next time im trying stainless steel.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
I've run whip hoses from 2 ft. to 10 ft. and find the extra wt. (Q.C.s) is not worth the trouble not counting it banging up against stuff.If washing and moving on at a fairly good rate and not wanting to take time to pull the hose with my hand I use my foot and leg to drag it along as I go keeping it from blending to much at the wand.Its been a long long time a jacket has cut my hose.I usually just have 100 ft. of hose on my reel but carry extra anyway I used to buy 50 ft lenghts and Q.C them together but have gone back to the 100 ft. lenghts b/c of having to drag the extra wt of the rigging it takes to join them together,all my Q.C. are 3/8's,all plugs are stainless steel and the working end of the hoses has stainless steel sockets.

Scott Stone

To save the trouble with the bend restrictors I just roll the hose onto the reel backwards. I leave one end connected to the machine and put the free end on the reel and roll it up. I don't have to worry about swivels failing, The pin not being set on the reel, The bend restricter being wound to tight, or anything else like that. Since I started doing that I have not had one hose fail at the fittings. They always fail in the middle now.

Scott

Our Sponsors