Commercial Work and Pricing

bigdog265

The majority of the work I have done has been residential and I feel pretty good about my pricing schedule that I use for that.

But, it's winter time now and the residential work is slowing down. I would like to get more into commercial work. The problem I am having is that when I go out to bid a commercial job I feel completely dumbfounded when it comes to pricing.

I generally calculate my bids for residential work by the sq. ft. but when I measure and then key in the price per ft. that I use, it just blows me away.

Anyway I guess my question is does anyone price residential work at one price and commercial work at another price? My question is primarily for flat work but any other ideas/outlooks would be great.

I understand that any extra cost such as a manlift, etc. are added on.

Greg

Scott Lefler

I too am struggling with the same problem, however, I have recently purchased a book which answers some basic questions regarding pricing, advertising, ect. The book is called Profit in Powerwashing. Go to www.carvedstone.com and order it. There is a difference in pricing for commercial and residential work. I wish I could help you more. Good luck!

Scott

(MICHIGAN POWERWASH)

Detroit, MI

Our Sponsors