Cement Trucks

C&T Pressure

Like to know what would be a good way to get the drums clean? Have an account withvery bad looking drums. Not full of cement but dirt i can not get off. kinda hard to explain. customer would love for me to get them looking good. Drums are red so they show the dirt really well.
Thanks

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
????????? are you talking about 55 gal. plastic or metal drums?............have they been painted?.....what have you tried?

Larry L.

Will heck fire how'd dat get up there,guess I need to learn to look up,had a women tell me that once.

Some more Q'tions please,have you tried brushing them if so what did you use as a xchemical?

man I hope I don't break my neck cuzz me looking up from now on I hope,it like to have scared me to death when I did look up as she told me to do.

Scott Stone

try muriatic acid. There is another chemical, but I can't remember what the name of it is. It is a fine layer of cement, or lime that is real reactive to Muriatic acid. Mix it 1:10 and downstream it on. If it is not strong enough you can make it stronger. Make sure you use soap afterwards to neutralize the acid. You might have to hit the beuty ring, up top between the opening of the barrel and the bearing that it rides on, a couple of times or more, depending on the buildup.

Scott Stone

Dave Olson

One of our vendors in Ft. Wayne, Indiana makes a product that is used for concrete trucks. I think it is a Muriatic, Phosphoric, Citric acid mix.

Call them, ask for Ken. Craft Labs 800-252-7238. Good people!

Dave Olson

C&T Pressure

thanks dave i'll give them a call. to your Q bigboy, yes i do brush them, with soap zep 940. never used acid yet but what ever it takes. Drums have a dirty film to it, no matter how hard i scrub can't get them clean. maybe i can take a pic of it and post it so you can see what i'm talking about

Larry L.

What I think you have is stack smoke not a film,try a different kind of cleaner (caustic),Zep should have one for it,maybe big orange.

OR try mixing alittle degreaser to your soap mix your using now,,add until you have enough to break the smoke when brushing or upstreaming.

oguard

Contact your local Mack Truck dealer. Mack has an approved cleaner for concrete trucks available through them or direct.

Scott Stone

Dog gone it Bigboy, you missed someting again. It is a reddish brown film. Smoke in a diesel engine is always black. I am pretty dertain that it is cement, or more likely the hard water stains from the well water that they use to clean the inside of the barrel with. It is a mother toget off, except with acid and then it comes right off.

Scott

Larry L.

Better quite picking on me,I looked for reddish brown,help I cann't see it and I got new glasses just so I could see the pc better hmmmm reckon they gave me someone elses.

Still say its stack smoke,its just the reflecten of the red drum making it look reddish brown,hahahhahahaha

Scott Stone

I looked again, I guess I am insane.

I don't think it is stack smoke, all of the concrete trucks that I have washed, just had hard water problems.

Our Sponsors