Look out for this email - don't trust it.

Beth

See the email test bleow. DO NOT trust it. It claims to test your machine for virus protection by sending you 4 viruses. Do NOT go to this site if you get the email. These could be viruses that are new and have no fix yet. The title of the email is: Test your virus protection. Be careful!

Beth

======================
There is an internet site that will help you test your computer's ability to protect you against viruses. I've inserted the URL below. Click on the URL then carefully read the information.

http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

If you elect to do the test, you will be sent four e-mail messages, each with a different type virus. This is a safe test! No real viruses will be sent. If your computer does not detect the virus you will see a message warning you that you are not protected.

The company doing the testing is promoting COMMERCIAL products that would be used on e-mail servers (like at your ISP) and are not for the likes of us. But if you fail any of the tests you had better invest in better anti-virus software. My installation of Norton AntiVirus caught all four viruses.

If your computer "catches" all four test viruses you can consider yourself SAFE --- as safe as one can be in a crazy, dangerous world.

Best wishes, Martin

** ==================================
** Martin Gabrio Morisette
** 13511 South Wickiup Road
** Prineville [Post], Oregon 97754
** {541} 477-3235
** E-mail: martingm@prinetime.net
** ==================================

oguard

Go to www.gfi.com first.

You will find out they are an internet/LAN security software service provider and they do have an extensive FAQ to answer your questions.

If all else fails by all means go to Symantec's Anti-Virus Research Centre (follow the links from www.symantec.com) to see if there have been an virus reports about this email.

It looks merely like a way for them to sell you their product, there is contact information for the company so do not worry needlessly.

Hope this helps? Cheers.

Beth

Thanks!
Things like that make me a little skeptical....
And I didn't check it first.

Beth

Our Sponsors