3 more viruses....

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
They are going crazy right now. I got 3 more today. None from any board members. Last week Norton caught 7 sent to me. Update Outlook and Outlook express also. You can find patches at the MS site.

One virus was stopped by Outlook before Norton even had a chance. Becarful and don't bother opening any attachments. Just not a smart move.

Aplus

Has anybody noticed that almost all the new virus/worms seem to attack Microsoft products? Like Outlook?

Well I have, and that's one reason I prefer to use Netscape, and Netscape Mail. People may not like it as well as the MS products, but I'll tell you what...... there are rarely any attacks directly at it. And even if you open an attachment with a virus, it won't propagate itself thru your address book. At least you won't unknowingly infect everyone in your address book. Plus, it is good to keep competition alive so Microsoft doesn't gain even more ground, and continue their monopolizing ways.

That alone is one good reason to use Netscape.

Don't naysay the product unless you really understand what you are talking about. Just be glad there is an alternative that can help reduce risks.

Beth

Yeah, I've noticed....
Gee, Bill Gates has a few programmers who like to hack his product and don't like him. I've thought about switching email systems, but not yet....

Beth

Jon

Beth what you say could truly be true, even people who make a living from him don't always like him and what he stands for.

Now what about some of those temp help that has been there for years and years with nothing to show for it?

Netscape, had it for years till it screwed up my computer with a upgrade over a year ago. Reason I switched is it was there software, they admitted it and still wanted to charge me to correct it, I told them where to go and switched.

Have a wonderful weekend all, our great Sunny Calif. weather is in the 70s.

Beth

Actually, I didn't mean his employees, but it could be. Some people just don't like Bill Gates. Could be people who don't work there anymore, could be people who don't like what he or Microsoft stands for.

Microsoft has a huge install base of users and so it give the folks who program these things a larger target.

Beth

Our Sponsors