lime buildup ?

jeff jackson

can you run C.L.R. through the machine to remove lime build-up?
also my burner wont firec. could it be because the lime buildup is reducing the water flow? Would that keep the ignition transformer from sparking?
how do you tell if it is getting fuel?(burner)
I checked the fuel filter.
I plugged the burner into an extenion cord thinking the generator was bad. the blower came on.

thanks
JEFF @ J & S PRESSUREWASHING

Steven Rowlet

Jeff , You can run lime cleaner through your coils but not through your pump. You can do this by disconnecting both ends of your coils. Install a suction tube at one end and a Sureflo pump at the other. Use clear tubing, when you see the chemical come out turn the pump off, do not run it through the Sureflo. Let it set for about 30 minutes. Then you can reconnect the pump back to the inlet on your coils, start the unit and flush out the coils into a 5 gallon bucket. I do this once or twice a year. The lime build up will reduce the flow and create more back pressure sometimes keeping your downstream chemical injector from working. Igniters will go bad from time to time. You can check your fuel flow by disconnecting the fuel line going into the burner and turn it on to see if fuel gomes out. A bad flow or pressure switch will keep the burner from firing as will a stoped up fuel filter. Check your wiring to your generator before replaceing it. It might just have a short. If the burner came on that is your problem.

Our Sponsors