Two Step 101

Warren Smathers

Bigboy, Scott et al

Please tell me if I am on the right track here. I plan to use a Flojet pump to put on premixed chems then upstream soap and put wax in the rinse water. Am I correct in saying that if I use a phosphoric based #1 I won't have the problem of damaging polished metals? I want to use the Flojet instead of downstreaming to both conserve the water at remote sites and to give me better control to prevent overspray.
So, I would prespray degreaser with the Flojet, switch to the #1 chem (phosphoric) and apply bottom to top avoiding glass. Then follow immediately (still unsure about HOW immediately) with the #2 alkaline detergent and then rinse. Is that about right?
What are the limitations on phosphoric? Will it etch metal as well as HF would? Thanks in advance.

Warren Smathers
Charlotte, NC

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
careful with the degreaser on polished,I do not use no caustic cleaners on polished.

Be all right to prespray the alkaline,then your Ph acid and upstream with alkaline,,be ok to spray the windsheild with PH but NOT HF.

You'll come more damaging the polished with your soaps then you will with the PH.

(still unsure about HOW immediately) ...usually as soon as you get it sprayed on you can come back to your starting point and start washing.

Warren Smathers

Bigboy,
Thanks for the reply. I believe I have the basic two step down now. How about the polished stuff? Do you do it with aluminum brightener?

Warren

Our Sponsors