BIGBOY Help!!!!!!!!

Boomer4OU

Bigboy,

Or any of you other FLEET WASHING GENIUSES.

Is there some kind of light I could shine into the sky to get your attention when I need you. You know, kind of like BATMAN. Only you would be BIGBOY MAN or FLEETMEN or something like that. Ha, HA...

Anyway,
I have a favor to ask, YES AGAIN.
I have a guy that asked me today if I could give him a quote on pressure washing a fleet of Milk Trucks. YES< YES< I checked to see if they were already being washed 2 times a month this time. One of the drivers told me they have a guy come down every other Friday evening and wash all the trucks., rain or shine. Winter or Summer, Spring or Fall. They have done this religiously for 3 years.

Now, they want me to quote 13- Bob Tails, 5- Tractors, and 2 - 36 foot refrigerated trailers. Of this total grouping of equipment, they are on 3 different locations.

10- Bob Tails, 4- Tractors and 1- 36 foot traler are located in my town, about 7 minutes East of our Office.

1- Bobtail, 1- Tractor and 1- 36 foot trailer are located about
45 minutes West of our Office.

2- Bobtails are located about 40 minutes North of our Office.

How would you go about bidding these, taking into consideration the distance. Also, how would you 2-step these. I have a 18 Gallon Poly Chemical tank with a Sureflow pump and sprayer.
I also have a Tuff unit that looks very similar to one you showed on the photo of your older white work rig.

It is 3,000 psi, 5 gpm, and I had it upped from 190 degree to about 250 degree Hot water with a conversion kit from the factory. We also have a 325 gallon water tank, I know I probably told you all of this before. I just wanted to make sure you had all the facts.

By the way, e-mail me your address. I am sure I at least owe you a Christmas card and a Christmas Ham or something. I know you guys don't take financial consideration for your help.
Man, I just feel like I owe you guys so much. Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Jim:eek:

Boomer4OU

Forgot one thing.

I forgot to tell you, I have a mertered upstream chemical injection and a turbo nozzle.

Thanks,
Jim

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
First keep your turbo in the tool box,it has know place on every two weeks washing in fleets.Also your not wanting really really hotwater on every two weeks washes,120,140 should be all is needed,,if to hot you have a chance of bubbling the paint,todays paints doesn't take long to heat up.Also to hot of water over a peroid of time could fade the paint

If I knew your location I'd have a better knowledge of what color milktrucks we're talking about and reading between the lines I'm guessing the bobtails are bodtrucks and guessing the tractors have no sleepers.

First problem your going in two different routes,east and north = can you route this in a circle from office,2nd = do you wash in these area's every two weeks (east,north),3th is it go east then back to office then go north = this is where the other powerwasher may have you out bid,also it will take away from you if you under bid the ones in your backdoor.More then likely the other powerwasher as them in a package deal.

You have 92 minutes driving time,85 not counting the 7,its local.At the price which they should be done at you'll lose money on the out laying trucks.

Say it will take you 3 to 3 1/2 hours to wash the 13 bobs,5 tractors and 2 trailer (it can be done faster or slower) now add the 85 minutes driving to the 3 1/2 hours it will take to cleanem =what bout 5 hours.

hmmm lets say you bid 25 ea. on the bods,25 ea. on the tractors and 15 on the trailers hmmm 480 = 96 an hour or if I was faster I could make more or less if slower.

Say you where faster and your bid was 15 on the bobs,15 on the tractors and 12 on the trailers,how fast are ya.

Now say your bid was 12 on the bods,12 on the tractors and 10 on the trailers,yel elbow and butt'o time man how fast ya want to go the faster you go the more money you'll make but the slower you go the better job you'll do but make less money,not really so but think you can get a general ideal of the prices above as what they maybe making in your area.if more help needed hallower....C-ya

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
O...............if it was me I'd use a downstreamer to apply the acid and upstream hotwater soap,it would be faster than your sur-flo.

and

You don't own me nothing,if I thought dat you did I wouldn't be free to the bbs's,don't mine helping even the devil if he ask but know the differents from right and wrong,sure I fall down but so for aways get back up,life goes on with or without ya..

I loved the Batman in the sky,that was good enough pay hahahaha.

ron

sub out the distant ones

is there someone to sub out the distant ones too?
any chance of picking up a customer in between your yard and there's?

Our Sponsors