Off season money making tips

Beth

Some folks have been asking about ways to make money during the off season, so I thought this might be a good time to share them and get the ideas flowing. This winter will no doubt be a little leaner for everyone with the economy being down.

1. gutter cleaning - Mike is right. We have done this a couple of years now and it seems a natural fit for the fall, winter and early spring months. Prepare a postcard mailer and send it to everyone you have ever given an estimate to regardless of if you got the job.

2. house washing - in many areas you can still do this. Again, a mailer works well.

3. construction cleaning - tak to construction companies and see if they need help finishing jobs. Chances are good you can get your foot in the door. Look in the Blue Book for listings.

4. windows - dirty all year round. I wouldn't mail for just windows, but I would add it to one of the other mailings as a bullet point.

Other ideas????

Beth

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hi Beth,

Good idea! Do you feel that personal mailers have a better percentage on their return than using a mailing house or a company like Val-Pak?

Beth

In the off season yes, since you are mailing to a group who you know has at least gone so far as to call you one another occasion. You have a higher rate of return among current clients. During the normal season, no. I would look to all households. :) (assuming winter budgets are tight)

Beth

Our Sponsors