DiD ya See IT

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Dan,Scott (anybody) did you'll see a post this morning that was posted in Bigboy help,he answered under ron's last post in the thread???.It showed him being new.

I cann't check the members area to see whats what ( think MOd's should be able to),,it showed him being new and his first post,,I started a new thread asking him what kind of fleets he did and hoping he washed alot of polished..did you see where that thread went also??

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I have not been around today and did not see it. But the only people I know that can delete is Me & Mike. So you may ask him. I don't see why someone would delete a post like that.

Heck even yo yo's posts don't get deleted. Maybe Ron will see this and re-post his question.

Mike Hughes

Just logged onto the board for the first time today this evening........so......I have no idea what post you are referring to...............

Maybe you've been eating too much "chocit", Bigboy! :p

Dan S

I remember seeing it Big-boy .... but now I dont

as a matter of fact and im sure you already know this we "mod's" cant do any thing here.... @ least I know I cant.... I think It's just a title..........................

Larry L.

Thanks Dan........yel look-e at wally world all have title's but cann't do nothing either,I want work there with a title,I'm me,just call me anything but don't use me by giving me a title,,,,really don't know where dat title stuff started at,think it may have been at the fast-foods as to get more work out of their workers with every little pay,it got to be the old saying "gave them a title and they'll work for anything" haha.Some got smart with their title's tho and made money with them by beening go get'ers b/c they where working for the title makers title,hehe...........dat the reason I use the title dum ass alot,its my title. hahahahahahyaha,have a great CHRIS-mas.

Mike Hughes

Dan,

You're missing the big picture here..........a moderator is not ""just"" ' a title'...........true, you cannot delete posts.......but so what?? That privilege was removed because it was abused by others in the past.

The purpose of a moderator is to act as a leader (Yes, dan, a leader) of that particular forum, because it is an area of expertise for you. You are to try to see that every question gets answered, and to make sure no one gets out of line. You can (or at least should be able to) edit posts that are in your forum. You might even be able to move a thread to a different forum if it doesnt belong in yours. If you cant do that, and need it done, let me know and I'll take care of it.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry L.

Hey Danno,I edited Mikes post hahahaha and if I don't behave guess I'll get dat part took away from me too but its ""just"" alittle word I edited,I wanted to highlite it b/c it came before the " a title" with a 'not' inbehind it....Just...just...just hehe in one spot,,so dat mean you "just" a little leader hehe,,,,hey my legs wet who done dat,it stopped rainning tuesday,,,,we can play in our wittle box if we ""Just"" don't make the "asst. men-a-tors to the asst. men-a-tors mad" they have bigger titles or I mean they bigger leaders than us,hahahaha....dat the reason dum ass me enjoys life,I knew it wasn't rainning on my leg

Attachments

• cowboy_chewing_md_wht.gif
    cowboy_chewing_md_wht.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 129

Dan S

nope Mike Im not missing the point .. I dont want to delete post .... as a matter of fact I cant even delete my own......... and I tried to edit big-boys post and it says.......

sorry you dont have permission.............. well okay >>>>>>>>>>

so yes it's just a title>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cant do nothing >>>> unless im missing something.............

i even tried to move a post that didn't belong here ....... and nope......sorry you dont have permission>>>>>>>>>

JUST A TITLE...... HERE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i reakon it dont matter much im just a dumb white boy from Pa.

Larry L.

hey dumb white boy what did you want to edit in my post,did I not spell something right hehe.

"You're missing the 'big" picture here....."..,"I have not been around today and did not see it"......." just logged onto the board for the first time today this evening"

Why is it nobodys around when I say someone deleted a post,this is not the first time I've ask this Q'tion but it is always the answer I get.....o me forget me wittle leader as in "" but so what ??"" hmmmm come on down to Ark-e dumb white boy and dum ass me will take ya duck hunting,seems to be alot of quacking going on here but no ducks.......little jack horner set in a corner b/c he cann't even play in his own box but he's yes he's a leader hahahahaha.

That privilege was removed because it was abused by others in the past.

yep punish punish punish,I deleted one post that I started b/c it made alot of people mad but it had alot of hits b/c some thought it was fun,if this is my punish'ment for that don't you think your going overboard by saying it was "abused" "by" "others" in the past which I've never seem them do......now both legs wet and it ant suppose to rain until Saturaday...love my Rockies.

Dan S

hey shoot me a duckkkkkkkkkkkk

No ...........

I just wanted to see if I could edit someones post and you were the likely canidate...... but since me have 'em no powers me can't do it............................................................ so I reakon my hunch is right it's just a title...................

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Well,

I don't know what all this is about. But you should be able to use all the features except for the delete. It was abused and I removed it.

Title or not. I also thought that people that volunteered to moderate understood what it was. It's someone that is willing to go out of there way to help others. If you had a problem with features you thought were part of the title. All you had to do was say something.

Happy Holidays anyway

Dan S

Dan it's not really about anything at all.....just saying that "we" cant do anything @ least I cant.... And it really was'nt a big deal to me but since Big-boy brought it up I just thought I would take the oppertunity to say something.......

You guys have to stop reading into our little minds and think there is more to it than what it is,,,,,,,,, Dont jump the gun!!!!!!!

Mike no harm in any of your post ..... dont back away and clam up
I guess what is weird is If I had a problem in a post either a bad bad word or just an outa line post .... and if I am a mod. then why do I have to wait untill either you or Dan to do something?
The last time I was able to do anything was about a year ago . when this dude kept going on about prices ... and it was getting into the name calling.. so i closed it . and after that my powers were gone....... go - figure.... I thought that was what a mod. was to do..... .....
I never said anything b/c it really was'nt a big deal but like i said earlier It was brought up so I went fer it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan S

So I guess for the record what is a mod. to do?What is our position..... ?? why do some have more powers then others?

And what's with the Happy holidays anyways?

this should'nt turn into a fight or any argument...... if it does well then >>>>>>>>> GOOD GRIEVE<<<<<<<<
it's getting to be like romper room..... lol......

I don't ever want to get to the position that im afraid to say anything b/c i dont wanna ppppp anyone off..... lets work together .......

HAPPY HOLIDAYS >>>>>>>>>> anyways !!!!!!!!

and MERRY CHRISTMAS........

Larry L.

I think Dan S has said it before he cann't.

and why be sorry and run off like that Mike,aren't you a leader of smaller leaders or is it little titles and bigger titles,which ever you have more powers,why not help instead of running,did the word "will" scare ya that bad or is it a final word.

When asked for volunteers and they offer freely they shoudn't have to say I cann't,it should be made sure of instead of you should be able to.Thought you was a better leader than that Mike,you have a title saying you are,no leader throws his little helpers to big dog without checking into things first,if they are wrong they should told so weather big or small leader.
Its no big deal anyhow,your post was the first one I've edited, beside you can edit so why should I or we be worried,heck some of the moderaters cann't even go the the moderater section to see whats being said to have a vote on this or that.........."you should be able to".......why even ask if your not sure of.

Like I said no big deal on editing but if ask for volunteers to help make sure you have the tools to give them already in place and you want have to run from problems like this or say you should be able to.

Dan S

OOOOO we have a mod. section??? huh

I knew it was just a name........title if ya will>>>>>I have never seen this section?????? im sure !!!!!!!!! why?????? arent we mods.???????? >>>dont every vote count??? or just the few and the proud ......... remember my intent is to not fight if that is how my words are going im truly sorry........ I just think if there was such a section then all mods. should be able to read it..... but maybe once again im off bace AGAIN..... this is why i say it;s just a title.................>>>>

Last edited:

Mike Hughes

Larry,

My only reason for backing away is that I simply dont have the answers for you questions...............I dont know what you or anyone else can do........because I have no control over that......

I dont know why certain functions may not work for some. I know that the delete function is turned off on purpose. But, all moderators should be able to edit a post within their forum.

Like I said, ask Dan..........

Dan S

when i go to edit for example big-boys post all i get is >>>>>>>>>>

you have no permission to be here you are not logged in........ duh!!!!!! if i was'nt logged in how did i reply to the post?

Mike Hughes

Dan,

Something is messed up there.......I'm sure Dan will get that fixed for you when he has a chance........I figure he's pretty busy right about now........

Mike

Our Sponsors